Thread: Applying for EOI while pregnent

Question Applying for EOI while pregnent

Hi All,
    My wife is 4 month pregnant now and expected delivery is on end of January 2017. Meanwhile i have received NZQA, collected all the required documents and im planning to log my EOI and proceed with the application process as soon as possible. we already got 140 and hope there will not be any issue of getting the ITA. But im not very sure how my wife's pregnancy will affect the application process and so on. Please help to shed some light on following concerns

1) Will there be any impact for the application process just because my wife is pregnant, specially for medicals ?
    2) In a case where every thing happens as we wish and PR received before the delivery, What is the process of getting PR for the new born ?
    3) In a case where application process is going on at the time of delivery is it possible to include the new born in the application ?
    4) Actually i don't want to delay my EOI/Application unless its really worth doing it. So Apart from above is there any other important reasons do you think i should wait to delivery before starting the process ?

Any suggestions, advises, feed back are highly appreciated.
    Thank you.

Hello.

There is no problem for any visa application only on account of pregnancy. Pregnancy is NOT considered a state of ill-health. For the medical, your wife will not be required to have an X-ray examination. http://www.immigrationvisa.co.nz/opsmanual/46161.html

If the baby is born any time before you and your wife have had the Residence visas placed in your passport, it will be possible to add him/her to the application so s/he will also have Residence. (Notice, it is Residence you are applying for under SMC - PR is a different visa you may be eligible to apply for after living as a Resident for at least two years.) You should tell the CO that the baby is expected. When s/he is born, you need to register the birth and get the baby's passport, and notify INZ of these details as soon as they are available. As I said, if this all happens during processing of your case, or after you have been notified you are AIP (approved in principle) but before you have sent in for your visas, the baby will be added to your application and will get a visa also.

If your baby is born after you have already received the visas in your passports, then you will have to get him/her a Visitor's visa with which to enter NZ https://www.immigration.govt.nz/new-...s-visitor-visa, then you, as a Resident, will be able to sponsor him for Residence as your dependent child. https://www.immigration.govt.nz/new-...-resident-visa