Thread: Wrong Bachelor but Master subject fits?

Default Wrong Bachelor but Master subject fits?

Hello,

I am interested to apply for an IQA but not convinced if it actually make sense (or is just wasted money

I would like to start an IQA for an ICT profession but I just have a bachelor degree in business administration . Additionaly I received a master degree in informatics (M.Sc.) and I can proof a lot of relevant work experience including several relevant industry certifications.

In the PAR (already done) I received points for both degrees (of course without any information if they would fulfill the specific requirements of the skill).

Does it make sense to try an IQA? Somebody told me to describe the situation in a cover letter.

The ACS (Australia) has special rules for such cases...I canīt find something on the NZQA website.

Thanks for your response!

INZ don't have special rules for a case like yours. Even if you get an IQA (getting your qualifications assessed by NZQA), this will not help with meeting the requirements for bonus points towards an EOI, which are earnt by having a qualification stated to be comparable to one of the ones listed in the box under LTSSL, as here, for instance. http://skillshortages.immigration.go...pport-officer/ Without a job offer, you probably need the bonus points to get the total of at least 140 needed to get your EOI selected.

You are obviously well qualified for the job you do. If you get a skilled job offer, your employer can sponsor you for a temporary work visa (essential skills or work to residence), so you could start working in NZ. Once in the skilled job, you get all the points for that, and applying for Residence in that situation, the EOI will be selected with a minimum of 100 (because it includes the job), so you won't need the bonus points.

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    ... If you get a skilled job offer, your employer can sponsor you for a temporary work visa (essential skills or work to residence), so you could start working in NZ. Once in the skilled job, you get all the points for that, and applying for Residence in that situation, the EOI will be selected with a minimum of 100 (because it includes the job), so you won't need the bonus points.
    First of all thanks for your quick response! Just one additional question:

I understood that for "essential skills" and "work to residence" I need a "skilled job offer" which means the job is listed in the LTSSL and fulfill some minimum requirements (>30h a week, ...). After a few years I can try to apply for residence (EOI).

Question: But for this new application (after a few years) isn't it necessary having a qualification stated to be comparable to one of the ones listed in the box under LTSSL?

Found something for currend skilled employment on a website:

• a relevant recognised qualification – the qualification must be at, or above, the qualification level on the New Zealand Qualifications Framework (NZQF) that corresponds to the skill level indicated for that occupation in the ANZSCO
    • the relevant work experience that the ANZSCO indicates may substitute the required qualification

The last bullet point would be correct for my situation?

Kind regards

I understood that for "essential skills" and "work to residence" I need a "skilled job offer" which means the job is listed in the LTSSL and fulfill some minimum requirements (>30h a week, ...). After a few years I can try to apply for residence (EOI).
    A "skilled job" is one of these http://onlineservices.immigration.go...nual/35165.htm, and doesn't have to be LTSSL. If it is LTSSL, it's useful for the employer because it cuts out the need for a labour market test, but IF it is, it doesn't mean you have to comply with the comparibility of qualifications listed in the LTSSL box. Your requirements about qualifications are shown if you click on the 'Evidence' button at the side, here. https://www.immigration.govt.nz/new-...BR&applying=no As you'll see, they refer to what ANZSCO says, which can indeed include relevant work experience to substitute for a qualification, but also often refer to a minimum LEVEL of qualification, rather than requiring comparability to a specific NZ qualification like the INZ LTSSL box does.