Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Partnership visa

Default Partnership visa

Hey everyone. I need your help please
    I am moving in with my partner in a month. I am going to apply for work visa on her basis. I would like to ask what proof do we need to provide to make our case strong?
    I know about tenancy agreement and photos. I wanna know is joint account important too? Because we kinda like to keep our own bank accounts.
    Also what else can I provide to make the case strong?
    Also when I apply for work visa, will the immigration come around for interview or something and is it random?
    Also I am on work visa right now it its expiring end of January ,2017. Considering me and my partner are moving in on 15th of September, we will live together for about 4 months or may be a little more, would that be enough time for our work visa application to be successful?
    Please help guys

Please someone help

Hello.

You don't necessarily need to have a joint bank account, but you need to be able to show that you each buy some goods and services that are going to be used by both of you, or the other person. So, for instance, you might buy a table for the apartment, and pay for it on your credit card. You will have the receipt showing what you bought, and the purchase will show up on your credit card statement. Your partner will be able to show the same kind of proof for items that she bought, also.

Here https://www.google.co.uk/#q=site:enz...tnership+proof are many old threads, with discussion and suggestions about the evidence of partnership that can be used. This should give you a lot more ideas.

We know from experience that INZ take applications seriously when there is two to three months' evidence of living together, so you have time to collect evidence, and still get your application in a bit sooner than you thought. Collect from when you first move in, and make sure you have different kinds of evidence showing that you are both living there, and then for each passing week. Keep collecting even when you have sent in your application, because INZ will want to see more evidence, covering the time of processing, just before the visa is granted. Keep copies of everything you have sent in. Even then, STILL keep collecting, because you will need all this old evidence, and then some more, when you want to show 12 months'-worth to apply for Residence.

Once you have lodged your application, INZ will automatically give you an Interim visa to keep you legally living in NZ, if they have not finished processing your application when your old visa runs out. (But because you will be applying for a different sort of visa from what you have now, the Interim visa would not allow you to work.)

INZ officers have the right to interview anybody about anything, if they think that is the best way to get information that they need. For partnership, it varies what they do. Interviews in partnership cases are aimed at proving that the people really do live together and know each other well, given that this class of visa is the one most often targeted by fraudsters paying somebody to lie for them. The questions then, asked separately, are about e.g. the partner's likes, dislikes, the domestic routine, the history of the relationship, things about the other partner's background and family - easy for genuine partners but likely to catch out fakers. In cases where the officials still have doubt although there seems to be a lot of evidence, they have been known to make an unannounced home visit, to see that the couple really are living where and how they say they are.

Thanks heapsssssssss for the help. We are moving in end of september so that would give us 4 months as my visa is finishing 30th of January, 2017. We will collect as many evidences as we can. I have a couple more questions please.
    What is the processing time for work visa? considering when i apply, i think i cant work on interim visa then? even though right now I am on work visa but i am not sure.
    Also would it be okay if i can apply for my residency straight after a year of us living together? or would immigration doubt it? and also once i apply for PR, how long does it normally take for the application to be approved?
    Thank you

Please help :/

Here https://www.immigration.govt.nz/abou...sa-application are INZ's estimated times as things are at the moment. Remember, that is their best guess based on recent averages, not a promise.

So you can reckon on the partner-sponsored work visa taking about a month. The better your evidence is, and the better organized, the better the chance it will go through smoothly. I think you're right that you wouldn't be able to work on the interim visa. See here. https://www.immigration.govt.nz/new-...isa-conditions I believe you currently have an employer-specific work visa, and you will be applying for an open visa, so you'll get an interim visa that just allows you visitor privileges.

Yes, you can apply for the partner-sponsored residence as soon as you can provided 12 months' evidence of living together, so keep copies of this earlier evidence to make it easier. As you'll see from the processing times page, they say about 4 months for that visa, but it's probably more realistic if you think around 6 months. (And it's Residence. PR is a different visa you can get after you've been a resident for at least two years.)

P.S. Please be patient! There isn't a staff here. Everyone posting on this forum is just a member of the public, coming online in the intervals of ordinary life. (While typing my last post, I was also making breakfast and taking in the washing because it had started to rain!) Also, we are all over the world, so may be in a very different time zone from you.

Oh okay I am sorry about that. I am just a little nervous :/ , I am actually on open work permit right now. I got it after i finished my studies so its not employer specific, i think i maybe able to work on interim visa although i would call immigration to confirm. Once again thanks heaps for your help

That sounds hopeful. Even so, with the time you will have in hand, and if you get lucky, you MAY not need the interim visa. Fingers crossed. +++++++++++

Hey guys, bit of a situation here. need help again , Would be a long post. I am sorry about that.
    So I met my girlfriend in a club in Auckland. She is from Palmerston North and she came to Auckland for a weekend. We exchanged numbers and i texted her a couple of days later. Obviously she went back to Auckland but we kind of kept on chatting and i kinda asked her out so we are in sort of Long Distance Relation. Now we want to move in together because obviously my visa is expiring in 5 months plus one of us have to relocate to either Palmy or Auckland so why not just move in. Would immigration question the way we met and if we moved in too early or something? considering i would only be able to show maximum 4 month of living relation as we r planning to move in by 1st of October and my visa expires on 30th of January. so we got 4 months.
    another thing is, I am the one moving to Palmy as she has her whole family there and she doesnt want to leave. Problem is i have a job here in auckland , its monday to friday. I dont want to quit my job and move to palmy jobless and she is not working either. Now i would highly doubt i can get a job in palmy while i am in auckland, heck i doubt i would even get an interview. So my question is, say if me and my partner move in on 1st of october in palmerston north. I still keep my job here, i come back to auckland sunday afternoon and go back to palmy friday afternoon UNTIL i find a job in palmy bcoz considering i be there atleast for the weekend, i can look around. we will still have a house on our name but i just wont be there everyday as i be working monday to friday in auckland until i get a job in palmy. would that create a trouble in regards to my visa when i apply for it? :/ all the bills and everything will be sent to our house in palmy.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast