Thread: IPENZ Required? - Bachelor of Science in Computer Engineering

Default IPENZ Required? - Bachelor of Science in Computer Engineering

I have an ongoing residence visa application in Immigration of New Zealand with deadline to provide the IPENZ letter on or before Aug. 31, 2016.

The immigration officer have requested for me to submit an IPENZ letter certifying that the degree and any further learning meet the benchmark requirements towards Chartered Professional Engineer professional status in New Zealand. However, I am still confused if this is really required since I am in the field of Information Technology that does not require a professional registration or license or don't have an available board exam here in the Philippines, refer to this link for reference: http://www.finduniversity.ph/majors/...g-philippines/ and http://www.prc.gov.ph/prb/default.aspx.

In addition to that, I am a graduate of Bachelor of Science in Computer Engineering course in Polytechnic University of the Philippines last April year 2004 (refer to this link for reference: https://www.pup.edu.ph/ce/bscoe.aspx). The NZQA only provided an assessment of Bachelor's degree at Level 7 with comment of "In New Zealand, professional registration is determined by the relevant professional body." There was no identified match for LTSSL.

I hope you could provide me guidance with regards to this concern. Let me know if you need more details as well, thanks!
    Last edited by vernabeng; 24th August 2016 at 11:02 PM. Reason: There is a typo

Since last year, all those with careers involving ANY kind of engineering are being referred to IPENZ for the qualifications to be assessed. Don't worry - they know about computer engineering, too.

If you contact IPENZ (see many other threads on the forum), you can get the process started, and then tell INZ before their deadline that this is done, and the CO will allow the extra time needed.

vernabeng even thoug you are an IT Professional, but It seems the word "Engineer" in your degree Bachelor of Science in Computer Engineering is causing this issue for you. As JandM said you have to contact IPENZ and start the process.

Dear , I am going to submitting my ITA end of this month but I am confuse as mention above all engineer have to do IPENZ , I am Network Engineer and not process IPENZ process because i not received any request for IPENZ assessment.
    I done below degree and got level -9 from NZQA

Master in Mobile and Distributed Computer Networks
    Bachelor in Science (Computer Science)

Don't be surprised if you are notified of the requirement for IPENZ later.

I dont think it applies to engineering qualification gained in NZ though.

I am very surprised on NZ assessment, before EOI PAR assessment of 7500 INR then IQA 40000 INR then IPENZ 75000 INR, none of the other countries expect this much of assessment.

Canada WES will cost 15000 INR, Australia ACS 26000 INR, why NZ requires to pay 1,25,000 of amount on assessment. if that is the case why we need PAR and IQA.

How many engineers in this universe qualified with Washington accord or Sydney Accord? is the world not accepted them as engineers.

We dont have any idea of how to fill IPENZ KA02 no any sample report to cross verify, seems these are gambling of extract money from immigration aspirants.

According to NZQF equivalent to level 7 is Bachelor degree, just to get Bachelor Engineer entry instead of Level 7 we have to this much of effort.

I am too depressed, thinking to quit from this race.

Everyone pays the same amount of money for this immigration.

I hold Bachelors of Engineering from UK which is on the list of exempted qualifications, I still did IQA and IPENZ...I even did EWRB registration as my case officer asked me to do so.

The same procedure was conducted for my wife as well because she is also a professional engineer.

Its ok, Immigration is always an expensive process, if some countries are cheap they charge additional money for partners being included...Like you said about Australia..For principal applicant there is fees and then for additional members you have additional fees...in INZ you dont have to pay anything additionally...

Requirements are requirements set by government of new zealand not by any individuals..