Thread: change job after ITA applied

Angry change job after ITA applied

Can i Change my job as a senior baker and work as a baker for a new employer . I have already applied my ITA few days ago? My file has gone to Manukau branch But my new job is in Bay of plenty region. So after I change my JOB will my file be sent back to Hamilton branch becuase hamilotn branch hanldes files from BAY OF PLENTY AND WAIKATO REGION. I really needs to get out of my job even though i get paid really well as a senior baker becausemy employer is acting really bad after he knew about the residence thing. Please help..cheers

It is all right to change your job while your SMC application is being processed, as long as you are changing to another skilled job, and you make sure to keep covered by the proper work visa throughout the changeover.

INZ will decide where you application will continue to be processed. It's not always obvious. Sure, you have to check where to send the ITA at first, based on your location, but after that, they can move cases around as it best suits them, depending on which branch has spare capacity, etc..

I am on open job search work visa so i can work for any employer. Can i just write a cover letter to immigration nz and send my new contract and job description with it to the immigration . Will tht be ok jand. Does changing employer makes the process longer? Any suggestion would be helpful.. Thank u

The only change will be that your new employer will be checked out instead of the old one, and if the ITA has only recently gone in, it's extremely doubtful that INZ would have got into checking the old one anyway. (If you had been months into the processing, then it might have lengthened things by making the CO go over 'employer' ground twice, but that's not going to be the case here.)

Thank you Jand. I sent a letter from employer saying about my character and how good i have been for him but that letter was not on the letter pad from my employer . i wrote it on a blank paper and signed by him but he gave me a proper one yesterday once i sent my ITA. The letter i got from the employer now is more accurate and nice and its on the company letterpad. Can i send this letter with my client number and eoi number to the branch i have sent my eoi?? thank you very much for your answers..

Yes, you can send that on to be added to your file.

thnak you very much JandM.