Thread: Job Promotion with New Employer New Region and effect on current SMC APPLICATION

Default Job Promotion with New Employer New Region and effect on current SMC APPLICATION

Hi,

This is Adi

Just got offer from a New Employer for a much senior position within the Kitchen same profession as Chef.
    I currently have a pending SMC resident visa decision under process wherein still awaiting CO to be assigned.

Just wanted to know that will switching to a new job affect my residency application and if it does what are the possibilities considering that through the job change I am entering a much senior position in the Kitchen brigade with better pay and enhanced responsibilities.

Appreciate everyone's opinion in this regards.

Thank You.

Quote Originally Posted by Adishe86 View Post
    Hi,

This is Adi

Just got offer from a New Employer for a much senior position within the Kitchen same profession as Chef.
    I currently have a pending SMC resident visa decision under process wherein still awaiting CO to be assigned.

Just wanted to know that will switching to a new job affect my residency application and if it does what are the possibilities considering that through the job change I am entering a much senior position in the Kitchen brigade with better pay and enhanced responsibilities.

Appreciate everyone's opinion in this regards.

Thank You.
    Which branch have you applied?

The CO will check out the new position and employer you inform INZ about, instead of the one you mentioned on your ITA. The important issues are that the job is skilled, so seniority may make a good impression, and that the employer's business is sound, and legally run.

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    The CO will check out the new position and employer you inform INZ about, instead of the one you mentioned on your ITA. The important issues are that the job is skilled, so seniority may make a good impression, and that the employer's business is sound, and legally run.
    Thanks for the reply JandM.

My application is currently being processed in Auckland Central Branch.