Thread: ITA Lodge next week , got job offer

Default ITA Lodge next week , got job offer

Hi

I am currently in Malaysia and working in a MNC and is one of the accredited employer as per check in NZ website.

My plan is to submit ITA next week as I completed Medical , Partnership , Police Clearance and etc.

Today I found a role in NZ Wellington in same company and I am planning to apply.

What the best advice if I apply the role and what the fastest route to start working onsite?

Should I wait for the job offer and submit my ITA?
    How long for the residency to approve if i got the job offer by next week? 2months possible?
    Proceed with ITA and raised a work visa separately?

Thanks for your upcoming advice.

another few question

if i got a job offer now , still need to go through the interview process?
    the new role is not part of LTSS , previously but i already been in Programmer role for more than 10 years. will this impact my SMC application?
    new role is more on managing role for services ...
    Last edited by moonrider; 25th August 2016 at 04:28 PM.

How long for the residency to approve if i got the job offer by next week? 2months possible?
    Very unlikely.
    Proceed with ITA and raised a work visa separately?
    That's what most people do.
    if i got a job offer now , still need to go through the interview process?
    It would be a different interview - you have been reading about the CO interview for people with no job offer, aiming to assess their employability. For someone with a skilled job, or job offer, in NZ, the CO is likely to talk to the employer and the applicant, to check that their job description matches the ANZSCO description as closely as possible.
    the new role is not part of LTSS , previously but i already been in Programmer role for more than 10 years. will this impact my SMC application?
    This is going to make a difference. First, you need to check that the new job is on the List of Skilled Occupations. http://onlineservices.immigration.go...nual/35165.htm If it is, you will be all right to claim the points for it. You won't be eligible for bonus points for your qualifications and work experience if the new job is not on LTSSL. So you need to do the sums, and make sure that, even WITHOUT the bonus points but WITH the job in NZ points, you get a total of 100 or more. Another thought - if the new job is not on LTSSL, will the employer easily be able to sponsor you for a work visa? If he is not accredited and the job is not LTSSL, he would have to do a labour market check before awarding you the job.

JM - Below points that I use for the EOI

30-39 = 25 PTS

LEVEL 7 = 50 PTS

I have a qualification in an area of absolute skills shortage = 10 PTS (Computer Science)

I have work experience in a comparable labour market or in an area of absolute skills shortage = 30 PTS (Malaysia)

I have work experience in an area of absolute skills shortage = 15 pts (> 10 Years)

My partner has a recognised qualification LEVEL 7 = 20 points

"You won't be eligible for bonus points for your qualifications and work experience if the new job is not on LTSSL" but previously i have been working as programmer more than 10 years? they point is based on new jobs or role and not previous wexp?

"Another thought - if the new job is not on LTSSL, will the employer easily be able to sponsor you for a work visa? If he is not accredited and the job is not LTSSL, he would have to do a labour market check before awarding you the job." Nice thought .. if that case hopefully by the time i got my RV the jobs still there

basically is the same company i curently working now.. just in nz there is a vacancy

What your thought on above initial points without ticking the job offer from NZ ? Cant really map the job title but jobs roles 80% similar to Service Delivery Manager and the job offer from Wellington (if not mistaken additional points for jobs outside Auckland?)
    Last edited by moonrider; 25th August 2016 at 11:16 PM.

also if going through (Accredited Employers) Work Visa or Work to Residence, Will I and spouse will still enjoyed the health/education benefits as TRV?

"You won't be eligible for bonus points for your qualifications and work experience if the new job is not on LTSSL" but previously i have been working as programmer more than 10 years? they point is based on new jobs or role and not previous wexp?
    When you put in your EOI/ITA, you will have chosen a particular ANZSCO description and number for your career, and that is what determines if it's LTSSL or not. If you change part way through, because you have a job offer, if the new job is NOT the same as the one you first put forward, that changes the nature of your application, and if it's not on the LTSSL, then you can't have the bonus points.

It looks as though those points you listed make sense for the original ITA. But you can't have the bonus points for Area of Absolute Skills Shortage unless you're under the heading of a LTSSL career.

Job TITLES don't matter at all, because an employer can call a job whatever he likes which makes sense within his organization. It's the fact of your job DESCRIPTION matching the tasks listed under ANZSCO as much as possible, and the employer being willing to back that up.

There are 30 points to claim for a job offer being outside Auckland.

If you get a work visa (and this applies to your wife, too, as she would be eligible for an open work visa as the partner of a work visa holder) which is valid for at least two years, you are entitled to use the NZ Health Service on the same basis as a NZer or NZ resident. http://www.health.govt.nz/new-zealan...-years-or-more