Thread: Masters Students Visa to Accredited employer work Visa

Default Masters Students Visa to Accredited employer work Visa

Hi Guys

I was on a student Visa and finished my Maters in July 2016. However in May i have been working in the field related to my study.I had no restrictions on my student visa as this was masters research..

However, immigration have not made a decision and my visa expires in 5 days..I have been given an interim Visa and now im worried I cant work because a decision hasn't been made ? Also I am waiting for my police clearance..

Can I work on this Interim Visa ??? I am so stressed and worried..how does it work cause the position is permanent

Can anyone advise ?

Probably, you can apply a Post-study work visa, which is always approved in 1-2 weeks.

I saw that option but my results from my thesis have not come back..so I was worried I would run out of time ?

Can I apply for a post work study even though my current application is still being worked on.

You can't work while you're on this Interim visa, because you are applying for a different kind of visa from the one you had before. https://www.immigration.govt.nz/new-...isa-conditions And you can't apply for any other visa while you are on an Interim visa.

Your employer must know about your visa situation, and that you would have to get a different one as you came to the end of your studies. You will have to ask him to bear with you while the situation is sorted out.