Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 40 hrs contract but only 30 hrs given

Default 40 hrs contract but only 30 hrs given

hello everyone. I have a contract with 40 hours signed by my employer but i am getting just over 30 hrs .what happens if i get few week pay less than 30 hours. will that affect my residence visa application.

A job is not considered full-time if it's less than 30 hours per week.
    It will depend on the CO. If there is a consistent history of 40 hour working week, then a couple of weeks working fewer hours (for personal reasons, sickness etc) will not matter much.

Thank you very much. I have a 40 hours contract but will there be a problem if i am do only 31-32 hrs a week? I get fortnightly 62-63 hrs so is that counted as a fulltime

31-32 hours is definitely enough to constitute full-time as defined by INZ (minimum of 30 hours per week), so it's not a problem.
    However if you have a consistent history of doing only 31-32 hours per week, say in the last 3 month, which is not in line with your contract (40 hours), a harsh CO may want to hear from the employer as to why the hours is reduced over a long period.
    If it only happens a few time, like 40, 35, 32, 30, 40, 40, 40 then it's ok. Normally they will ask for the last 3 month payslips and/or bank statements only.

Normally he would give me 40 hrs but at the moment its not busy becuase of the winter. It will increase as winter finishes as well as the job i am doing is very demanding so he is training me at the moment so i will get 40 hrs once maybe after my full training is over after 3 months. But does it matter if immigration declines that in contract it says its 40 hrs and u have been doing 31-32 hrs continuously for last fee months? Cheers

Very doubtful that it would matter. INZ regard 'full-time' as being a minimum of 30 hours per week. As 100k says, it would be a very harsh CO that nit-picked about this point.

Is it ok then if i am doing 62-63 hrs fortnightly to prove that i am full time even my contract says 40 hrs weekly??

If your contract states 40 hours then regardless of whether you work all 40 you are to be paid for all 40 hours. Check this: https://www.employment.govt.nz/

I dont think my employer might pay me for 40 hrs if i am only working 30-32 hrs weekly or 62 hours fortnightly. If i am happy with 62 hrs fortnightly but my contract says 40 hours weekly will that be an issue for residence?

Can anyone say how to approach my employer about my employer if my contract says 40 hours and i am only getting 31 hrs weekly. I dont want him to remove me from the job if he cant afford to give me 40 hours because i have applied for my residence. Should i approach my employer nicely or should that be ok for residence if i get 31 hours weekly? Please any suggestion ??

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast