Thread: Bringing Philippine GF to NZ

Default Bringing Philippine GF to NZ

Hey all,

Just decided to make a thread here, just to assure myself i am on the right track. Would love any help

I met my current Philippine GF about 2 months ago while on holiday in the Philippines, we spent about 3 weeks together and have decided she would like to come to New Zealand so we can see how our current relationship stands some more while spending time together here in my home country New Zealand. Yes i am born and breed here.

I know we cannot apply for a partnership visa, so we have applied for visitor visa, with me being her sponsor for 3 times.

Is this the correct visa to apply for and if approved, what steps can we next take. Can visitor visas like this be exteneded and if so under what grounds?

We have collected all the evidence required for the visa and had friends tripple check over it. But once she is here in NZ, it worries me about how i can have her stay here with me for longer?

Upon submitting the visa did you provide solid evidence to prove that she would return to her home country after her visitor visa would expire? for example ties to her home country being that of a job and responsibilities? How long did you put down for the visit?

If she is granted the visitor visa, and that isn't certain if you have mentioned the relationship in the application, then you could collect evidence that you are living together, and apply for a partner-sponsored work visa. https://www.immigration.govt.nz/new-...s-visa-holders We know from experience that INZ takes applications with two to three months'-worth of evidence seriously, so you would need to start collecting evidence as soon as she arrived. See these old threads for discussion and suggestions about evidence to give you ideas. https://www.google.co.uk/#q=site:enz...tnership+proof

Thank you for the responses.

She has leave from her job, owns her home which we showed proof of and has a child which we have provided all evidence for, should be enough reason for immigration to see her returning home?

No we didnt mention the relationship, just that she is my friend who i would like to show around New Zealand, as i know they dont see us a genuine relaitonship yet.

Would i have enough time to apply if i sent in a partnership visa after her being here for 2 months, will we hear back after 1 month in time?

This all sounds hopeful.

As long as an application is lodged while her visitor visa is still valid, INZ will automatically issue an Interim visa https://www.immigration.govt.nz/new-...a/interim-visa to keep her legal while her case is being processed - this works even if the new application only goes in with a few days to run of the old visa.