Thread: Soma basic questions about the residency form

Default Soma basic questions about the residency form

Hi all,

My partner is filling out the residence form (INZ 1000) and has asked me about a couple of questions, I can not answer these for sure and obviously its something we would rather get right first time. I have listed the section of each question, along with the questions we are not sure about below, perhaps someone can help us with this?

A11 asks for principle applicants passport place of issue - would this be the city, office or country?

D8 asks for supporting partners "other citizenship's" there is actually no place it asks for the citizenship of the partner, just a birth place, so should I put NZ as "other citizenship" I have or just write "none" in there? (I was born in NZ and its the only citizenship I have).

Section F instructs her to go to section G if she has no dependent children (which she does not) but then also asks people to complete F49, I read this as she must answer F49 even though she is told to go to section G in the previous sentence, is that correct?

G2 asks for the date of her previous application as we are referring them to her previous police certificate it asks for the date of her previous application, we do not know the exact date but we have the date the tts service emailed us saying they had received her application, is that date ok?

J5 asks "if in a de facto relationship when did your relationship begin?" we started our relationship online before living together, do we use that date as we have evidence from then, or just when she moved in with me? bearing in mind that J6 asks how long have we been living together.

J6 asks how long we have been living together, we are doing what some people have suggested (including an immigration advisor) and applying a few months before our 12 months living together, so for this question of how long we have been living together do we put the 10 months it has actually been, or write 12 months and assume by the time it is allocated to a CO it would have been the 12 months required?

Section P is the declaration and asks for "Partners Signature" does the supporting partner sign here? or is it for if the partner of the applicant is also applying for residency?

Section S says amount you are paying then has two blank box type things to fill in, why are there two spaces and what do we put in them? they are like this l______l l______l

Many questions and I feel some have a simple answer and normally I would just assume but with something like this we are a little stressed and want to get it right

Many thanks!

Anyone who can help with this?

hello, i'll just share how I filled up my application, it's still up to you and your partner to make the right answer

A11 place of issue, mine was in Manila city and it's written in the passport...you should check your partner's passport it's usually written in the passport I think.

D8 it ask about your citizenship right?, your from NZ so your a NZer....my partner filled this Section D but we thought about it many times and we concluded he doesn't need to fill it up cause his from here and he's not applying for a residency, it's just me, I'm the applicant.

Section F I never bother with this section because I don't have a child

G2 if that's the date you have then maybe that be ok...mine was expired so I provided a new one

J5 I put the day we started when we were not together yet

J6 I've read here some do what you've mentioned but just to be sure search more about it...as for me, my partner and I have been living for 19months

Section P I was the only one who signed it, as I was the principal applicant and my partner is not included in the application because him being a NZer

Section S it's the amount the first box $ then the second box 1,250

I hope this help. My application had been lodged and it's in the queue for CO.

Quote Originally Posted by Amy35 View Post
    hello, i'll just share how I filled up my application, it's still up to you and your partner to make the right answer

A11 place of issue, mine was in Manila city and it's written in the passport...you should check your partner's passport it's usually written in the passport I think. Sometimes shown as "Authority"

D8 it ask about your citizenship right?, your from NZ so your a NZer....my partner filled this Section D but we thought about it many times and we concluded he doesn't need to fill it up cause his from here and he's not applying for a residency, it's just me, I'm the applicant. Just bnmae and DOB. Then write NZ Citizen not included in Application,. They like a passport photo attached though.

Section F I never bother with this section because I don't have a child yes just ignore if no dependents

G2 if that's the date you have then maybe that be ok...mine was expired so I provided a new one. if you are relying on a police certificate provided with a previous application then the month and year that was lodged., otherwise ignore.

J5 I put the day we started when we were not together yet . Can write relationship since xx/xx/xx and living together since xx/xx/xx

J6 I've read here some do what you've mentioned but just to be sure search more about it...as for me, my partner and I have been living for 19months. Ammount of time as of when you are lodging. Anything else is false information. "See attached timeline"

Section P I was the only one who signed it, as I was the principal applicant and my partner is not included in the application because him being a NZer. Either or both signing is OK

Section S it's the amount the first box $ then the second box 1,250 Currency and ammount

I hope this help. My application had been lodged and it's in the queue for CO.
    added some commentary on this reply

Thank you both! Chris I had not idea about the authority, it's a 3 digit number on my partners passport which I found odd