Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: P20 or Parasol day long sun lotion

Default P20 or Parasol day long sun lotion

Hi all

Has anyone come across either Riemann's P20 or a similar product called Parasol 20+ sun screens? They were readily available in europe, but so far can't find them anywhere, and I have consulted the Google oracle!
    As a red head, they are they only things that stop me burning in this sun!!!

Cheers

Dee

You cant seem to get the P20 here, but you can get SPF 30 lotions, one called Daylong we have tried and have just bought a cancer society branded but not tried that yet.

There was a big fuss in the news during the week...

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/section/st...ectID=10360371

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/section/st...ectID=10360247

Thanks Sal! Didn't think it was available! Will just have to ask some kind person at home to send over a large bottle!

I did buy some of that day long 30+ stuff yesterday, but I could feel myself burning with it yesterday while myself and Smiler were enjoying the sun down on the waterfront, so I think the Cancer Society were right to question it's claims!!

Dee
    x

Talking

I thought I'd slopped on enough factor 30, but I have a glowing V shape on my errr upper chest

D

theres a lot to be said for sitting in the shade or covering up in the middle of the day whenever possible. it will probably outrage a lot of people about us being irresponsible but since we have been here (18Months) neither Pete nor myself have worn sunscreen, although Pete does put a hat on and So far we havent had any problems with getting any sunburn, in fact the opposite is true, we're not even tanning particularly. I do have reservations about a lot of the sunscreens and cosmetic products because whatever you put on your skin is absorbed into the body. I know that a lot of people have found that taking extra doses of keritan (or some such vitamin) has helped with sun protection and I also think I have read somewhere that the contraceptive pill and some other medication can have the reverse affect and cause sun sensitivity. Might be worth doing a www search on that sort of thing and see if it will give any help.

I've used P20 a few times and thought it was pretty good but very sticky! I bought it on ebay, but there again I have my post forwarded from my UK address so I didn't have pay the postage!

A better one that I use now is Piz Buin 1 day long. It's not sticky, very quick to use and (as a redhead ) I've not yet been burnt using it!

I've seen it in shops/chemists in NZ so you should be able to get hold of some easily.

Rustie
    x

Cheers Rustie! Yes, I've seen the Piz Buin stuff too. Might give it a go while I'm waiting for the P20 to arrive from Ireland!

Dee

Rustie - Does Piz Buin 1 day lotion protect against UV A and UV B?

Tia

I recommend that you look for an even higher P factor, such as 45. Also look for transparent titanium oxide in the ingredients. It will help protect, but not make you look ghastly. The sunshine is very strong in NZ, and melanoma is no joke.

What sort of factor would you recommend for a baby (he'll be 6 months)? I know we managed to get burnt very quickly last time we were in NZ (and it wasn't even that sunny), so I'm quite concerned about not burning him!

Kate

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast