Thread: 12 month variation and then PR

Default 12 month variation and then PR

Friends, because of some situation I could not complete 184 days during first year of my resident visa. second year looks better and I should be able to spend more than 184 days in NZ with my wife and kids.,

Based on the info on immigration NZ sites, the option to get PR looks like this:-

a- Apply for 12 month variation of travel conditions based on my 184 days stay in 2nd year
    b- Stay for min 184 days during extended period of 12 months (3rd year)
    c- Towards end of 3rd year, apply for PR because I would have spent 184 days each during 2nd and 3rd year

Is this correct because I could not see any other way to get PR. (No home purchased, no permanent job here, no investments, no business)

thanks in advance

That's correct. You can't get PR until you have demonstrated commitment to New Zealand, so you have to wait to apply until you can meet one of the criteria. Notice, INZ count BACKWARDS from the date of application for PR, and count days strictly in each preceding 12-month period.

Thanks a ton!

What is the processing time to get variation of travel condition for 12 months. Is it another sticker on the passport?

yes, its another sticker with updated dates.

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    That's correct. You can't get PR until you have demonstrated commitment to New Zealand, so you have to wait to apply until you can meet one of the criteria. Notice, INZ count BACKWARDS from the date of application for PR, and count days strictly in each preceding 12-month period.
    Hi,

I know this is a quite old post but my situation is pretty similar.

I got NZ Resident Visa on 26th August 2017.
    I spent over 184 days in NZ the first 12 months and 32 days of the second 12 months portion.

I returned to NZ just few days before my travel conditions expired on the 26 August 2019.

should I get a 12 months travel condition or can just wait to have 184 the 3 rd year? can I apply for PR after the end of the 3rd year (considering I spent over 184 the first year and will spend over 184 days 3rd year) ? or years to meet the criteria should be consecutive?

thank u

I had already answered your original question on the other thread. https://www.enz.org/forum/showthread...735#post585735