Thread: Residency Application

Default Residency Application

Hi,

Another concern of mine. I am still in the Philippines and my fiancee was already in NZ for 6 months. She received different advise from other people like she needs to be resident first before she can get me (because it will be easier according to them), others told her that if we will apply together at the same time it will take longer and also if I will be having my NZQA assess the immigration will ask other docs related to this (I am just waiting for my NZQA assessment). Can you give us advise? By the way my partner point in residency application is already around 200 points (she said we will still be applying together but will not be getting points on my side because she already had 200 points)

When you asked about being on her Residence application before, I told you you would need to have a lot of very strong evidence of having lived together for 12 months before she went to NZ, and of keeping up contact in the meantime. If you have actually got A LOT of evidence, now you have thought about it, she could keep you on her application. If you have NOT realistically got much evidence, then in that case, it's correct that keeping you on there would just slow up her being granted Residence, and she would probably in the end have to agree to taking you off the application in order to get her own visa.

If she has a lot of partnership evidence, and is going to include you, but doesn't need the points for your qualification, then she doesn't need to mention it, and you don't need to submit the IQA, so you don't need to wait for it.

If you don't have enough partnership evidence of living together before she went to NZ, then if you want her to sponsor you for a work visa https://www.immigration.govt.nz/new-...s-visa-holders after she is a resident, you will have to find a way of starting to collect evidence of living together (because the previous time won't count if you can't prove it). You would have to get two to three months' evidence of living together (evidence like that mentioned on those old threads I linked to on your other thread).

Otherwise, if you have suitable qualifications, you could try to get a NZ job offer, or residence under SMC in your own right.

Thank you again JandM. We actually have evidences to prove our relationship as I have said in my previous thread.

We are always communicating everyday through viber, facebook, skype and even calling her sometimes in her NZ phone.

For the case of my IQA we already submitted it last week but decided that she will no longer claiming on my points. I guess I might still need it though.

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    When you asked about being on her Residence application before, I told you you would need to have a lot of very strong evidence of having lived together for 12 months before she went to NZ, and of keeping up contact in the meantime. If you have actually got A LOT of evidence, now you have thought about it, she could keep you on her application. If you have NOT realistically got much evidence, then in that case, it's correct that keeping you on there would just slow up her being granted Residence, and she would probably in the end have to agree to taking you off the application in order to get her own visa.

If she has a lot of partnership evidence, and is going to include you, but doesn't need the points for your qualification, then she doesn't need to mention it, and you don't need to submit the IQA, so you don't need to wait for it.

If you don't have enough partnership evidence of living together before she went to NZ, then if you want her to sponsor you for a work visa https://www.immigration.govt.nz/new-...s-visa-holders after she is a resident, you will have to find a way of starting to collect evidence of living together (because the previous time won't count if you can't prove it). You would have to get two to three months' evidence of living together (evidence like that mentioned on those old threads I linked to on your other thread).

Otherwise, if you have suitable qualifications, you could try to get a NZ job offer, or residence under SMC in your own right.

JandM,

We already got out ITA. Together with that are forms that needs to be filled up. I just observed one thing though. There is one statement there saying "Photos of you and your partner together, taken at various times over previous years (no more than 6 photos)", I have two understanding on this matter first, the total photos that I need to give them will only consist of no more than 6 photos (Say we have been together 4 yrs so for that 4 yrs only 6 photos are required?). My second understanding is that for every year no more than 6 photos are only required?

I actually included lots of photos as in bunch of it. Thanks.
    Last edited by stormy12; 10th September 2016 at 08:41 PM.

I have heard of people who sent the 'bunch of photos' despite what it says. And they didn't get heavily criticized. What you do rather depends on what other evidence you have, and how clear the photo is about WHEN it was taken (that is, its value of evidence that you were together on x date).

So, if you have plenty of evidence of other kinds of each passing month you were together, then only send six photos, chosen to be spaced out over the whole 4-year timeline, OR ELSE spaced to cover the last 12 months of being together, because that is what INZ will be required to look at in most detail.

Or, if you don't have much evidence of other kinds, and some more of your photos are able to be dated really accurately (for instance, 'us with the band at the XYZ rock concert at the ABC arena' for which there are mentions on the internet of when it was, or 'us at our friends' wedding, and here is the invitation with the date'), then use them as extras, never mind the 'only 6' instruction.

Whatever photos you send, make sure you label them clearly for when, and where, and what they prove.

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    I have heard of people who sent the 'bunch of photos' despite what it says. And they didn't get heavily criticized. What you do rather depends on what other evidence you have, and how clear the photo is about WHEN it was taken (that is, its value of evidence that you were together on x date).

So, if you have plenty of evidence of other kinds of each passing month you were together, then only send six photos, chosen to be spaced out over the whole 4-year timeline, OR ELSE spaced to cover the last 12 months of being together, because that is what INZ will be required to look at in most detail.

Or, if you don't have much evidence of other kinds, and some more of your photos are able to be dated really accurately (for instance, 'us with the band at the XYZ rock concert at the ABC arena' for which there are mentions on the internet of when it was, or 'us at our friends' wedding, and here is the invitation with the date'), then use them as extras, never mind the 'only 6' instruction.

Whatever photos you send, make sure you label them clearly for when, and where, and what they prove.
    Thanks JandM,

Lastly, I was actually not planning to get an IELTS its no because I am not confident (well a little bit) but the exact reason why I dont want to get IELTS is that it is expensive. What I did is that my university give me a certificate that english was the medium used in my college days (I know I already ask this before and you answerred it before and Im sorry for being a nagger). In the certificate it only says that I graduated in that university from 24-March-2007 but it did not state the date I entered the university (according to them it is not usually the format to include the starting date), but I do go to college for 5 years. So in your own point of idea do you think this certificate is good enough? Thank you for patiently answering all my concerns.

Everything I've heard before I've told you before. On the other hand, your university must have written these things before, so they ought to know if they've ever had someone come back to them asking extra questions. Over to you!