Thread: Transfer mney from home country to NZ

Default Transfer mney from home country to NZ

My country government doesnt allow to take our money from my country to NZ or any other country. I want to buy a house here..What are the ways i can bring the money from my country.. ANy suggestion guys..plz help

Which country u r from...?
    Nepal?

yes.. is there a way i can transfer it here? thank you..

No...Now a days, they made strict rules to buy home from overseas. You should have IRD number to purchase a house here. For an IRD number a New Zealand proof of address is required.

i live in New zealand. Is there a way to tranfer?? any suggestion will be helpful..

I can only think that you might consider transferring your funds into the bank account of a family member and ask your family to remit the funds to your NZ account. That is, if you do wish not to travel to your home country to physically take the funds out.

Otherwise you will have to bite the bullet and personally travel back to close out the account yourself.

A similar problem with Malaysia too which has restricted currency flows but most Malaysians that migrate to NZ tend to empty out their funds and transfer to a NZ account when they move.