Thread: IELTS Results for my wife.

Default IELTS Results for my wife.

Hi,

NZI Case officer has completed interview with me around 2 months before. But now he asked me that I have to provide him ielts results with 6.5 band for my wife as he is not satisfied with the English language skills of my wife ( I already provided him university letter for egnlish proficiency).

Problem is, my wife has just delivered my baby after an emergency c section, and she is suffering from post c section infection. Case officer has given me 3 months time to provide ielts results. But my wife can not concentrate on the studies. I was thinking and reading some where that I can pay for some courses so that this requirement can be avoided.

I want to know, is it possible that I can buy a course? noting: I have claimed points for my wife's MBBS degree i.e. 20.

Is there any way that I can approach some one, or buy course or anything I can do to avoid this requirement.

If you need the points from your wife's qualification, then no, there is no alternative to proving her standard of English. I am sorry she is not feeling fit at the moment, but this is very unlikely to continue for three months. If you book her for a test session near the end of the three months, and tell the CO that this is in hand, this should give her some time for study when the after-effects of her confinement have subsided. (And give her plenty of help with baby-care.)

Paying for ESOL is an option if you don't need her points. https://www.immigration.govt.nz/new-...in-new-zealand

Thanx. That's what I thought. I am already doing baby sitting, lets see

Did you take IELTS or you brought a language proficiency from your university? My husband claimed points for my language proficiency and I took IELTS but my husband just got the language proof from his university and his employer that the language used is English ! up to now the CO has not asked for my husband's IELTS score although she asked for further documents twice!!! Would she ask him to sit for IELTS later on ?

If evidence other than IELTS appears to be good, a CO can accept it. http://onlineservices.immigration.go...nual/41495.htm But if for some reason, the CO has doubts, s/he can ask for IELTS as the final decider. (With the university and the employer saying your husband's English is good, there isn't likely to be a problem in his case.)

Yes i already provided my wife employer letter. He said i need ielts. Better ask ur hubby to take ielts exams...

Who is the main applicant? I am the spouse and I am done with IELTS, my husband is the main applicant and he brought two proofs of language proficiency!

EITHER or BOTH, main applicant and secondary applicant, can need to prove their English proficiency. It's needed for the secondary applicant if his/her qualification is needed for extra points for the EOI. And it always comes down to IELTS to resolve any doubt in the CO's mind. (Examples of why a CO may doubt evidence. A few years ago, there was a big upheaval in India when a lot of institutions were found to have been selling fake proof-of-English letters. This had a knock-on effect afterwards for many applicants who had genuine letters from Indian universities, but INZ didn't trust them, and asked for IELTS anyway. Also, longer ago than that, there was a poster on the forum who got asked for IELTS after his CO interview. He had a university letter, and that had been accepted, but during the interview, he couldn't understand a lot of the questions, or make the CO understand what he was trying to say, which made the CO doubt that the letter could be genuine. I wasn't surprised with this news, having seen the English in his posts. He didn't get the required level, or the visa.)