Thread: Work Experience Evidence

Default Work Experience Evidence

Hello
    my partner just got the invitation to apply for Residency!!
    We've been putting together the paper work and are not quite sure about his work experience evidence. The instructions are work reference needs to state start/finish date, your position, number of hours and employer contact details.

From his previous job overseas he has a recommendation letter and proof of work experience letter, both written by his boss at the time. Both letters together contain all the requested information but here's what concerns us - they are written very sloppy! His boss used scrap paper to print them out and instead of a formal header he just stapled his business card to the top. There is his signature and company's stamp though.
    You think this evidence is good enough for INZ or should he try to get a new, more formal statement?

And also, does he need a reference from his current employer in NZ or is the work agreement enough?

Thank you for your help!

the question is , is the old reference able to be verified, by contacting the person who gave it? it doesnt matter what it looks like. A letter from current employer confirming start date and ongoing employment is required, as well as employment contract.

Hi Chris, yes the contact details are still the same and the former boss still works at the company, so I guess we're good here. Good news, thank you!

for my case, my ex boss still working in the company .. hence I ask for his help to get HR to print out in formal letter with company letterhead. As for current company ..

I did ask my boss to write and sent to HR to print out as well ..

also ensure to populate the details such as your role in the company .. i.e develop a software using C#
    Last edited by moonrider; 31st August 2016 at 02:40 AM.

thanks for the tip moonrider and good luck with your application!!