Thread: Residence Visa Application but granted JSV

Default Residence Visa Application but granted JSV

Dear All,

Has anyone applied for residence visa and has been granted JSV by immigration authorities?

Is it easy to find a job on JSV? As far as my knowledge JSV will be converted to Residence once we are in New Zealand and started to work.

Please advice for how long JSV is usually valid and what are travel conditions?

Do we need to apply full Residence Visa again to convert JSV to Residence and have to pay complete fees again? In addition do we need to arrange all of documentation again such as IPENZ and NZQA and medical?

@JandM:- your thoughts on this one will be highly appreciated sir.

Regards,

what ur job scope and do you have family with kids? my understanding chances getting jsv very slim..

not sure what the criteria..financial support?
    Last edited by moonrider; 30th August 2016 at 07:47 PM.

The SMC JSV allows the applicant nine months in NZ to get a skilled job offer. The Residence you applied for is waiting for you while you are on this visa, so if you get a skilled job, you just show INZ the offer and contract, and it is granted. http://onlineservices.immigration.go...nual/30614.htm If unsuccessful, the applicant has to leave the country.

When offered the SMC JSV, you have to put in the form applying for it within 3 months, then once it's granted, you have another three months from the date of grant to go to NZ, and THEN your nine months job hunting starts. (3 months + processing time (only short) + 3 months + 9 months.) While on the visa, you are allowed to work at any job you are offered, to help you support yourself, but it's only a skilled job, in the career that you have proved on your ITA, that gets you Residence.

Do we need to apply full Residence Visa again to convert JSV to Residence and have to pay complete fees again? In addition do we need to arrange all of documentation again such as IPENZ and NZQA and medical?
    No, definitely not.

The SMC JSV only covers the main applicant. The whole point of the SMC JSV is for the main applicant to go alone and concentrate all their time and resources on getting a skilled job. As soon as they do that and get their deferred Residence, then their partner and any children who were on the original SMC application get their Residence, too, and can join them.

This may seem harsh, but it was a rule change in response to what had become an even harsher problem. Under the old regulations, when a family was allowed to go with a JSV holder, they would find a home, maybe the partner, on an open visa, would find a job, and the children would settle into school. But if, in nine months, the JSV holder had NOT got a skilled job, they would all be told to leave the country. Of course, it was a heartbreaking thing for this group of people, having to tear up the life they had begun to make for themselves, and even worse if, despite all warnings, they had sold up their home in their original country and now had nothing to go back to. That is why the law is now as it is.

The only way for your partner to get to NZ while you are there would be to apply for a Visitor's Visa in her own right, but it is very unlikely that it would be granted, for the same reasons as above.

Same happened to me plz can you confirm if they provided any reason for such decision either on email or during interview

dear AliRaza,

I explained in your thread. Please check...Its normal they provide you reasons if everything is good they judge you in interview...All decision making and authority is in hands of Immigration New Zealand as they are government entity. It is right of INZ to provide whatever visa to applicant subject to looking at own laws and suitability of person in market...JSV is an achievement as far as I am concerned...You put in huge effort and INZ provides you an opportunity to proceed with life in NZ without paying again the amount of residence Visa and once you are successful you have full right to bring your family...

My case has not yet been decided as I am in a process of fulfilling requirements of Immigration assigned to me.

JandM can put more light on your question if you required but in my opinion I would suggest you to abide by Immigration decision or refuse to accept JSV and proceed again with fresh application you might be lucky to have another case officer but for sure he/she will look at your previous application as well that why you have been offered JSV and why you refused it...JandM can better put a light on this!

The issue here is that sucesful migration is critically dependent on employment, in this case skilled employment. You've been given an opportunity to test whether your particular skills and background are in demand by New Zealand employers, without having to have made a highly disruptive migration decision.