Thread: Notice period vs variation of conditions approved

Default Notice period vs variation of conditions approved

Hello, I'm working as restaurant manager and, because I accepted another job offer, the 23/08/2016 I gave the one month's notice period as per my employment contract and I applied for variation of conditions.
    Today 30/08/2016 my application has been approved...JUST ONE WEEK!
    Can I still work for my actual employer? I don't want to lose my holiday pay because I'm not respecting the notice period.
    Thanks

Default Can anybody answer?

Quote Originally Posted by ShinyG View Post
    Hello, I'm working as restaurant manager and, because I accepted another job offer, the 23/08/2016 I gave the one month's notice period as per my employment contract and I applied for variation of conditions.
    Can I still work for my actual employer? I don't want to lose my holiday pay because I'm not respecting the notice period.
    Thanks
    Today I went to speak to my employer and he insulted me and told me he's gonna take all my holiday pay.
    In my notice of 1 week ago I wrote "As I am transferring my sponsorship to a new company and aware of the one month's notice period, my last day of employment will be approximately in 4 weeks, depending on when my visa conditions will be updated"

I don't want to lose my holiday pay, what can I do?

whenb you applied for the VOC, did you tell INZ that start date was 1 month+?

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisMwn View Post
    whenb you applied for the VOC, did you tell INZ that start date was 1 month+?
    No, I didn't because I asked immigration and they said that it takes 4 to 5 weeks regardless if you inform them about your notice period.

but your new offer had a start date?

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisMwn View Post
    but your new offer had a start date?
    No it only states "ASAP" as start date

then you are either going to have to negioate a payment of your holiday pay with your employer, or go back to INZ (with a new VOC?) saying that the start date is xx/xx/xxd

Quote Originally Posted by ShinyG View Post
    Thanks
    Hey Bro
    Did you got any notification mail from immigration after applying the variation of conditions application
    Cheers.