Thread: Close to giving up

Default Close to giving up

Hi !

I've been in NZ for about a year now, first on a WHV, then a work visa which came just in under 4 days time. All nice and smooth until then. A few months ago I got a great offer from a company in the South Island in the same field and for the same exact position (software developer), so I applied for another Essentials Skills thinking that it would be again pretty straightforward.

That was in May, I'm still waiting, alongside the back and forth emails and letters my employer had to post again the job offer on Seek, which once expired showed 0 positive candidates out of 4, two of them outside NZ.

INZ doesnt respond to anything and I can't be in this situation anymore. Talking to my expat colleagues in my field no one understands how this is happening.

Is there something that I missed ?

Cheers

Sorry to hear you've been having this trouble.

In your place, I think I would be taking some of these steps here. https://www.immigration.govt.nz/cont...aint-about-inz

Good luck.

Thanks for your feedback JandM. Do you think that filling out a complaint can have a negative impact on my communication with INZ in the future ?

No, I don't. What you will be doing is asking the branch manager to look into the fact that you seem not to have been treated efficiently. In any transaction, there is no reason anyone should not do that if they have cause. If you follow the procedure, you're asking politely, not making a great big noisy fuss.

Quote Originally Posted by Cocozz View Post
    Hi !

I've been in NZ for about a year now, first on a WHV, then a work visa which came just in under 4 days time. All nice and smooth until then. A few months ago I got a great offer from a company in the South Island in the same field and for the same exact position (software developer), so I applied for another Essentials Skills thinking that it would be again pretty straightforward.

That was in May, I'm still waiting, alongside the back and forth emails and letters my employer had to post again the job offer on Seek, which once expired showed 0 positive candidates out of 4, two of them outside NZ.

INZ doesnt respond to anything and I can't be in this situation anymore. Talking to my expat colleagues in my field no one understands how this is happening.

Is there something that I missed ?

Cheers
    Any update?

Yeah, called again this week insisting that it was getting critical for me to receive an answer. Later in the day a new CO who'd just received the case on the same day called me and my boss apologizing for the delays and nuisance. He said that he had have a quick look on my case and all looked good, on Monday I should finally get the visa. Will update again

Quick update: Visa came through last week as promised by the new CO

EXCELLENT news.

Good to hear a happy ending!

good news