I need help, opinion and suggestion from you.I'm not sure if anyone of you has the same or similar experience. I received denial of my previous visa application. Due to the urgency of my case, my husband and I consulted an immigration consultant. On our first meeting, we discussed the process and documents to be submitted to extend my stay. A little bit in an upset mind on this sad news, we signed an agreement including the amount of the service without going through the full details. The consultant informed us that my visa application shall be submitted on that day, by 5pm but because we are not able to get all the documents required, I called to inform him (the consultant) and he told us that it's ok to be submitted tomorrow. Came the next day, his staff received the forms and documents and mentioned that it will be processed and submitted on that day. I requested for an update because we are worried. I received no update since until the following day and called the office. I found out that my application is not yet submitted but the next day again. On this, 2 days has gone as promised of submission. After a couple of hours, i received a call asking if we have processed the first payment of the service on the invoice given on the first meeting....we reviewed the contract and one clause states that invoice is payable within 7 days of invoice (only 2 days passed) and another one states invoice is issued after service is completed.... my question is shall we pay the invoice now? noted that service is not yet completed or application is not submitted yet.
Thank you very much in advance.