Thread: immigration agency

Default immigration agency

Hi, family and I hoping to move to nz next year. both hubbie and I have occupationa that are required in nz. 2 school going kids also. do u think it necessary to pay an immigration agent £3500 to apply for residents visa applications and general assistance with the move? Anyone ever used Paul Goddard?

Hi,
    We are in the process of waiting for our approval of our residence visa and hoping to get decision in next few weeks.

We found that it can be quite heavy reading at times but perfectly doable. It is not hard it is just time consuming. It may depend on if you feel that you have any unusual elements to your application which you need more advice on. We had a job offer and 220 points for the EOI so felt that an agent was a waste of money. So far we haven't regretted it.

We did do a free online initial assessment which an agent and they contacted me with some information and looked over my cv etc for free. That may be worth a go as they gave highlighted a few things we hadn't thought about like timescales etc. This was with Visa Bureau -
    http://www.visabureau.com/newzealand...sessments.aspx

My advice would be as long as you are meticulous and thorough you will be fine.

If you want to do it yourself, make sure you know what you are doing, understand the meaning of each EOI question, know how to justify your work experience, read and read and read and read the INZ websites over and over again until you are totally, absolutely sure you know what they are requesting. I did it myself, almost lost hope because of the points calculation, until I triple check my EOI application. So yeah, my family and I are already in NZ, with a stable job.

However, if you think you can't take that challenge, or you have slight doubt (EOI points, character requirements, medical issue, etc etc) you may want to use LIA.

Quote Originally Posted by Ctobin View Post
    Hi, family and I hoping to move to nz next year. both hubbie and I have occupationa that are required in nz. 2 school going kids also. do u think it necessary to pay an immigration agent £3500 to apply for residents visa applications and general assistance with the move? Anyone ever used Paul Goddard?
    GBP3500 is relatively high, particularly if you have a job offer. Have you got other quotes?

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisMwn View Post
    GBP3500 is relatively high, particularly if you have a job offer. Have you got other quotes?
    I dont think OP already got job offer, though.