Thread: Tourist Visa and Long term option for my girlfriend

Default Tourist Visa and Long term option for my girlfriend

Hello Everyone,

The discussions in this forum has helped me a lot and this the first time I am asking a question here.

I am a permanent resident in NZ and I have a girlfriend in one of the South East Asian country. Our relationship started as a long distance relationship but I have known her since my high school and I am going soon to stay for a month there with her, after I return to NZ I am thinking that I will get her to apply for a tourist Visa so that she can come and see the place.

We then plan to get married here in NZ court.

The questions I have are,
    1> What are the chances for her to get a tourist visa? ( I have evidence of regular communication, emails, letters , money sent and we are going on holiday together)

2> Once she comes on a tourist visa and if we get married in NZ court immediately can she get a partnership visa so that we can stay together(once her tourist visa expires) and she can apply for her residency once we have lived together for a year?

Kindly let me know if any of the questions asked above need more clarification.

Thanks in advance for your help. Highly Appreciated!!

Cheers
    Shaddyz
    Last edited by shaddy11; 2nd September 2016 at 02:21 AM.

Hello.

You aren't going to get any visitor's visa based on partnership without evidence of having lived together. INZ are not allowed to take notice of anyone's statement of their emotional attachment or future intentions: partnership, to them, is only proved by the couple having set up home in the same place, with a variety of evidence to show this. See these old threads for the amount and variety of evidence that is necessary. https://www.google.co.uk/#q=site:enz...tnership+proof You will need this kind of evidence, covering two to three months, before she will be able to apply for a partner sponsored work visa. https://www.immigration.govt.nz/new-...s-visa-holders Notice, the couple's being married does not make any difference to INZ.

She might be able to get an ordinary visitor's visa, for the reason of "look, see and decide" (about whether he can get a job in NZ) and tourism, then she would be perfectly entitled to put in a partner-sponsored temporary work visa application from within NZ. Once the application is lodged, INZ would automatically grant an Interim visa to cover her for staying in NZ while the case is being processed, which of course automatically gives you longer to collect evidence.