Thread: which branch processing smc application

Default which branch processing smc application

Hi everyone,

I applied my smc application last month. I was told to drop my original documents at manukau immigration office.
    It's original documents so i decided to drop at Wellington branch thought they will send to manukau office.
    After one month I received my original documents back but on the courier back it says Wellington immigration branch.

Is Wellington branch processing smc application or Auckland branches?

Please share your timeline and experience if any one dropped file at Wellington branch.

Thanks,

i heard from one of my friend that all wellington smc applications are going to auckland.
    not sure about my one.

michelle mcintosh is the officer who send me my documents back, any idea is he/she in auckland office or wellington office

who told you to drop your documents there? Was it your CO?

Hi heiryz

My Ita says to drop in manukau branch but it's all original documents so I dropped in Wellington branch and put the added for manukau. I thought they will forward it to them.

I received my all my documents back after verification but was sent back to me by Wellington branch letter says application accepted.
    So not sure so far which branch processing my file.

Any idea do Wellington process smc applications

How did you receive your ITA? via email or courier?

Through email it states to drop file in manukau.

I want my documents to be safe that's why I dropped in Wellington so that they can send to Auckland.
    Any idea if Wellington is processing smc application currently as last year they were not processing any smc in Wellington.

You aren't going to be able to follow whereabouts your case is being processed. INZ can move things at very short notice, to suit where there is some spare capacity at that time. You will only confuse things if you send papers to somewhere they did NOT ask for. Manukau was set up to expect your case, whereas in Wellington, it could sit around for a while before someone thinks, 'What is this? It isn't on any of our lists,' and takes the trouble to investigate (we hope) and (again, we hope) send it to where it ought to be. You would do much better, as you are concerned about security, to use a courier or registered post.