Thread: Timelines

Default Timelines

There is repeated commentary here , asking for timelines to be shared.

I suggest that is a wasteful activity which only builds unrealistic expectations and results in stress.

I've never seen in 20 years INZ process applications with any consistency.
    Just because someone, yesterday, had their application processed at xyz branch and approved within xxx time ,and you lodged about that same time has no bearing on how long your application will take, even if it was with the same case officer!

Realistically expect that an SMC application, whether lodged on , or off shore, with or without a job, might taken 12 months from lodgment to approval. That way you wont stress and might be pleasantly surprised if it gets decided in less time.

You have no control about how INZ procesess take place and the only thing that you can do is to ensure that you respond promptly to any requests for information.
    Last edited by ChrisMwn; 2nd September 2016 at 05:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisMwn View Post

I suggest that is a wasteful activity which only builds unrealistic expectations and results in stress.

Just because someone, yesterday, had their application processed at xyz branch and approved within xxx time ,and you lodged about that same time has no bearing on how long your application will take, even if it was with the same case officer!

Realistically expect that an SMC application, whether lodged on , or off shore, with or without a job, might taken 12 months from lodgment to approval. That way you wont stress and might be pleasantly surprised if it gets decided in less time.

You have no control about how INZ procesess take place and the only thing that you can do is to ensure that you respond promptly to any requests for information.

Well, if ChrisMwn came with this post in his new thread, you know how dead serious he is with the statement.. cheers mate, it is Friday

Thanks Chrismwn for ur wonderful advice

hopefully there will be improvement

This isn't something that needs improvement.

What Chris is saying is, everybody's case is different, and what happens to each file as it goes through INZ offices is different, too. That means that there is no way anyone can guess, by hearing other people's timing, what will happen in their own processing. It doesn't work. So there is no point in stressing, trying to work out what CANNOT be worked out.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisMwn View Post

Very true.....

I found reading other people's experiences quite interesting. It get asked a lot because its human nature to get curious and impatient. I found some information on the subject quite interesting (although taken with a pinch of salt) as most people (including myself) have absolutely no idea of timelines and what is even possible.