Thread: Immigration advice Please

Default Immigration advice Please

Hi,

I am in messy situation if someone could help me. My husband has applied for Essential skill work visa on 8 July and an officer was appointed on 14 July he asked us for UK PCC and also told us that he is waiting for NZ PCC. But later the visa officer told us he will get back to us regarding UK PCC as we had already submitted it with our previous application. He did not get back to us and in the end we had to submit the UK PCC, which we did on 29th August . My worry is regarding NZ PCC since it is taking very long.My husband got Discharged without conviction in Domestic violence case last year, will this affect his application? We contacted immigration and they said they are still waiting for NZ PCC which is unusual.Will the police mention about Discharged without conviction to the immigration? On what grounds can the immigration refuse visa even thought he has not got conviction?

Any views/ thoughts please suggest. I am really worried.

Thanks in advance

did you declare the arrest and charge?

Cross this bridge when you come to it. You can't deal in advance with every single one of the 'what if' things that come to mind when you're waiting and worrying. This may all just come down to there being a delay in the office that issues NZ police checks. When and if you get a PPI email from INZ is the time to face up to whatever issue they would have picked on. There MAY be none. I agree with Chris that ideally, you should have declared the incident, but as you didn't, for what seemed to you to be a reasonable reason, at the moment you have to wait and see if it comes up.

Thanks JandM and Chris,

The only reason we did not declare was bcoz in the work visa form it states "if u hv been convicted of any offence".But as what I understood my husband has not been convicted thts wht our criminal lawyer said n he hs no criminal conviction too. I hope this wl not affect our application.

Hi there

Most of the people here, even for minor traffic infringements also tick no against conviction, but in the details column below give the summary of the infringements to prove that you have not hidden anything from INZ.
    Yours was much more then that.
    I am sure you would be in a much better footing had you also given the details in that column.
    Please ask the senior members if you should now inform the INZ by a letter about this arrest before INZ asks you about the same

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Niks12 View Post
    Thanks JandM and Chris,

The only reason we did not declare was bcoz in the work visa form it states "if u hv been convicted of any offence".But as what I understood my husband has not been convicted thts wht our criminal lawyer said n he hs no criminal conviction too. I hope this wl not affect our application.
    Then you have correctly answered the question as it is currently asked. It's unlikely that police would provide information other than "no convictions" and you should have nothing to worry about.