Thread: Anybody apply for ''Project Coordinator'' title?

Question Anybody apply for ''Project Coordinator'' title?

Hello Everyone,

I am very delighted to know this website and have received some very important insights from this website.
    I am having some problems that my job description that does not substantially match what it is indicated on ANZSCO.

I work for a company that making Marine products (Mast & Boom) which requires long time (half a year to 8 months for instance) to design and build a project.
    I am in design engineering department which plan resources & as a coordinator to coordinate between departments. so my title is design coordinator, but this one is not in the list. so I am thinking to apply under ''Project coordinator'' title.

Please see following link and task requirement. anybody has similar situations or apply for similar title?

http://www.abs.gov.au/ausstats/abs@....9?opendocument

1) developing, reviewing and negotiating variations to contracts, programs, projects and services
    2) responding to inquiries and resolving problems concerning contracts, programs, projects, services provided, and persons affected
    3) managing paperwork associated with contracts, programs, projects and services provided
    4) working with Project Managers, Architects, Engineering Professionals, owners and others to ensure that goals are met
    5) advising senior management on matters requiring attention and implementing their decisions
    6) overseeing work by contractors and reporting on variations to work orders
    7) preparing and reviewing submissions and reports concerning the organisation's activities
    8) collecting and analysing data associated with projects undertaken, and reporting on project outcomes
    9) reviewing and arranging new office accommodation

So my questions are:

1) does this title have to be in construction fields? or it applies to any industry that it is a projects that big enough?

2) developing, reviewing and negotiating variations to contracts, programs, projects and services
    Do I have to develop, review and negotiate variations to contracts?
    if I only review variations to projects, is that okay? for example I plan resource , if there is variation, i will review whether this will affect us on design time. but I don't involve in develop and negotiate with client.

3) as you can see from points 4, do i have to work with Architects and owners? are we don't have architects and i don't work with owners.

4) points 5, what kind of matters are considered acceptable for advising senior management that it needs attention?

5) what is reviewing submissions?

Can anybody that have some experience in similar area give me some advice.... really appreciated.

How about something in one of these lines? The one you've found sounds too much linked to building construction. http://www.abs.gov.au/ausstats/abs@....nd+Shipwrights
    http://www.abs.gov.au/ausstats/abs@....+Professionals
    The job TITLE doesn't matter, as long as you can find a reasonable fit with the DESCRIPTION (or a vague enough one that it can be interpreted to fit your situation).

Thanks a lot for your reply JandM.
    I have no engineering or ship building experience. so basically my job is to plan projects and coordinate departments.
    do you mean that if I submit PR application with the title as design coordinator is fine as well?? as long as it fits with the description set out on ANZSCO? the problem for me is how to tailor what i do to fit them in... job description is a problem for me...

I mean, have a look in ANZSCO around the ones I linked to. You're right, you need to find a description that your employer's description of your work will match with as closely as possible. If you and your employer can work it out between you, how your responsibilities can be described to match whatever ANZSCO 'bundle' you decide on, that makes it easier.

yeah that's where it frustrates me... the HR is not willing to change my JD.. so i need to find what i can do in my company for those tasks then i talk to the GM directly.