Thread: Interim visa conditions for WHV extension

Default Interim visa conditions for WHV extension

Hi,

I submitted for my UK working holiday visa extension for the 23 month balance weeks ago. I have recently been informed that my medical has been referred to a medical assessor and I will be granted an interim visa. I asked my CO if I could continue to work with my employer when my current visa expires in a couple of weeks and she said I couldn't. I have now looked on the immigration website and it contradicts what I was told.

https://www.immigration.govt.nz/new-...isa-conditions

My understanding is that both the 12 month and 23 month UK whv visa are open work visas and the 'same kind' of visa so surely my interim visa would also be an open work visa and I can continue to work with my employer? Is my understanding correct? That way I will be able to work up continuously up to the end of October when I would have worked the maximum of 12 months I am allowed to over the 23 month period.

Thanks in advance for your help. I'll also ask immigration directly for a response so that I can be sure.

I would have thought the same as you, going by the written guidance there. But of course, what INZ says, goes. I think, argue your case directly with the CO, because the call centre people are only a human FAQ, not qualified case workers.

Thanks JandM. I hope this is the case, there is no wording to suggest otherwise. I'll ask directly to find out.

Anyone else had experience or know for certain the answer in this situation in the meantime?

I think you can continue to work as you are applying for the same type of visa, with the same conditions.

Thanks for all the advice.

CO now confirmed that I can indeed work on an interim visa in my situation.