Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I got a wrong community roadwatch programme report

Default I got a wrong community roadwatch programme report

Hi guys I need you help,

I got a wrong community roadwatch programme report saying "your vehicle was seen failing to yield to a pedestrian on a pedestrian crossing" one weekday noon.

I am the only driver of my car and I'm working full time in a company from 8am to 4.30pm, since my company in CBD area I get bus from my home to work place, so that day I have not driven my car to the place they have mentioned in the report. Therefore, how do I inform to the police that this is a faulty report provided to me ? the witness noticed my car number then reported to police.

I need your advice. Thanks.

Whilst this is not going anywhere at all, you could make a Official Information Act request to the police, to get details of the complaint, and then respond, correcting the information. Again though is it worth the hassle if there is no suggestion that anyone is taking the information seriously. There's no investigation, no issue of an infringement notice, just a report that someone has (Incorrectly) reported your vehicle doing something it shouldn't.

Thanks Chris for your reply.

My worry is, will this report will be listed in my infringement history even though if this was not done by me or my vehicle ? Or shall I just leave this as this wont effect anything in the future of my PR application.

No listing anywhere. No infringement notice, no nothing. Did the letter you received indicate who to contact iof you wanted to dispute the information.? If so that's your point of contact for follow up.

The letter doesn't say anything about to contact someone to dispute the information.

remembering that this is not even a complaint, and has not even been investigated, you still have the right to correct any information the police have. Perhaps there was never any check of the registration number provided by the complainant and the details of the vehcile mentioned. You can use this to make an OIA request :
    https://forms.police.govt.nz/oiarequesion

The link doesn't lead to anywhere...

Mistakes do happen and this person probably got the number wrong. Several years ago I got an infringement notice with my registration yet the infringement was in Dunedin and the colour of the vehicle was totally wrong. I contacted them and they checked my official details and straight away could see that this was not my vehicle. I never heard any more

Quote Originally Posted by Roger_J View Post
    The link doesn't lead to anywhere...
    There was a typo. Here's the link. https://forms.police.govt.nz/oiarequest

Thank you all for your responses, appreciate it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast