Thread: Using previous cover letter from agent in new application

Default Using previous cover letter from agent in new application

Last year my partner applied for a work visa through partnership through a migrant agent which was successful. This expires this month on the 28th and we are currently awaiting the outcome of her residency visa, so annoyingly have been advised to submit a new work visa application whilst we wait....

As we didn't have a straightforward case last time due to various reasons would it be OK to attach the previous cover letter written by our migrant agent for reference as this explains everything. Or would they have everything on file which they would refer to from the previous application?

Any advice appreciated

probabalybetter to write your own cover letter, updating what is no longer relevant and confirming current situation and that residecne application under consideration.

Cheers for the reply.

Yeah I am writing my own but I just wanted to attach the old cover letter for reference to save me re explaining my partners previous visa issues which was expertly explained by my agent before.

Chris will know, but I suspect this could cause you a problem. You're doing the application yourselves, and there are very strict requirements about declaring the fact if anyone else is helping you. You will be signing to say nobody helped you, and if you then attach a letter which is obviously written by an agent, it could cause some confusion leading to delays, if you get accused of intending to deceive by using an agent and saying you didn't.

Yeah this was my concern.....think I will just rewrite it and just take extracts.

Cheers