Thread: Post Qualification Experience

Default Post Qualification Experience

One of my friend is applying for EOI, but he has a confusion.
    He did bachelors of science in IT (2 Years) in 2004 and Master of computer science (2 Years) in Sep 2011. Nzqa considered Master of computer science at Level 7 (specified outcome).
    He is working since 2004 in the IT field and has number of industry certifications.

His current Job started in May 2010, but his Master of computer science that earns him Nzqa level 7 completed in Sep 2011.
    How he should calculate his work experience, keeping the "Post Qualification Experience" in mind? If he mentions his work experience starts after the Level 7 qualification(Sep 2011), then his Service letters, contracts etc start from previous dates, when he actually started work.

Dear JandM, Need your expert opinion.

I think he has to be real-world truthful, and not try to alter reality to fit in with INZ regulations.

SM11.10.5 b http://onlineservices.immigration.go...nual/30570.htm may well apply here. I realize he may be concerned about claiming a certain number of years of work experience, but, since he's in a (very common) regulations grey area, he may have to argue the point.

His post education work experience is more than four years in ICT that is in LTSSL, so he will be claiming bonus points for that.
    The only issue is, his Job started before his qualification completed.

Yes, and that regulation is the one that a lot of ICT people base their arguments on, that their experience is relevant because it is part of their whole process to the present day.