Thread: Smc resident visa - periods of separation for partnership

Default Smc resident visa - periods of separation for partnership

Hi all!

Does anyone know anything about periods of separation for partnership resident visa? the CO deferred my partner's application because although she's satisfied our relationship is genuine and stable, we do not meet the 12-month living together requirement. We have lived together since August 2014. I left for Nz on Sept 2015. But during that time, my partner had To leave the country for work every 2 months. That is what is stated in his contract with the company. I read about the periods of separation on their website and it said as long as there is evidence such as employment contract, it is allowed. Even while I'm here in NZ, my partner comes and visits every 2 months. Still, they did not consider it.

She instead advised to let him apply for a partnership based work visa so that he can come to NZ and live together for 12 months straight.

If someone has good evidence for living together, and afterwards comes a separation for good, documented reasons, THEN they are back together again and still together when the application goes in, that's when the application tends to be successful.

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    If someone has good evidence for living together, and afterwards comes a separation for good, documented reasons, THEN they are back together again and still together when the application goes in, that's when the application tends to be successful.
    Hi JandM, sorry for jumping in this thread, but the question seemed to be relevant.

For my residency under SMC I received a question from my CO for 12 month living together evidence (as emailed):

"Insufficient Partnership Evidence:
    As per the information on file, you have provided evidence of partnership. However the evidence you have provided is insufficient to meet our requirements. Instructions state that a couple must be in a genuine and stable relationship and living together in such a partnership for at least 12 months in order for a partner to be included in an application. Although we have considered the information provided, this is not sufficient for the purpose of the residency in New Zealand. Please see the attached document for further details on how to meet our requirements. Please ensure the evidence you provide covers dates for a period of at least 12 months.

Note: If you are unable to provide sufficient information (e.g. documentary evidence to demonstrate the minimum requirements of living together for 12 months), this will impact the outcome of your application. You can either withdraw your partner until such time you have collate sufficient information of living together to test her eligibility for residence in NZ or continue with the application which will affect the assessment of your residence application."

As for my situation, we got married in 2012 and were blessed with two daughters over the time. I moved to NZ in Aug 2015 for my studies and also got a job, through which I applied for residency visa. Since my arrival here to NZ I visited my family once for couple of weeks. But have been in constant touch with my partner and children over the phone (whatsapp, skype and imo). I also have been fully financially supporting them throughout this time. On top of this all, I recently applied for visit visa under partnership category for my partner and children; and got the visa. Going to bring them here early this december, tickets and everything purchased.

Here is the list of documents which I have submitted with my residency application and same with partnership based visit visa: marriage certificate, family certificate (me, partner and children), birth certificate of both children (which shows names of both of us), bank statement of us both (which shows same address), letter from my sister and my partner's mother, whatsapp chat (aug 2015 till date), worldremit.com evidence for financial support, short explanation for living separately (as I came to NZ for studies).

After all this, what other documents can I add to show the relationship to be stable? And what other documents can I add to show living together for 'atleast 12 month'. We don't have any joint tenancy agreement as we are living at my family house, no joint residential property/loan/mortgage/insurance/assets yet.

I am thinking to attach the recently issued visit visa under partnership category, the purchased air ticket (to bring them here in NZ) and the tenant agreement recently signed for the house to live in.

Any other suggestion or clarification will be much appreciated!

Thanks!

See here https://www.google.co.uk/#q=site:enz...tnership+proof for old threads with discussion and ideas of what people have used for partnership evidence.

Thanks JandM, it was really helpful!