Thread: what if Partnership based work visa extension decline?

Unhappy what if Partnership based work visa extension decline?

Hi guys,

I have reapplied partnership based work visa (extend for another year) for my partner since the 15th of August last month and on Monday yesterday, there were 2 people from Immigration nz came to check on me and my partner at the very early morning. I had just woken up and opened the door, there they were. They had asked me and my partner several questions of how we met and stuffs and took some photos of our tiny room.

I thought I did not need to put all the photos and other things, so when I sent the application last month, I sent only 2 forms and a cover letter asking for the extension of my partner's work visa. Those 2 immigration officers that came to my room, they said I supplied insufficient information.

I am really worried at the moment because I don't know what is going to happen. My partner's visa is expiring on the 27th of October, what if this extension work visa declined, what should I do?

We had a little fight a few months before applying for the extension and they asked me and my partner that some anonymous told them that we were not living together and I said that was just a couple fight, nothing serious. Will it affect my partner's application?

I am so anxiously worried at the moment. I have just got told that the decision was made and my partner's passport will be sent out tomorrow to my place.

"what if" tomorrow your partner gets their passport back and visa is approved?

I seriously hope it says the visa is approved! so worried at the moment.

INZ did the obvious thing to resolve the doubt caused by the "helpful" anonymous tip - they came and saw for themselves, and there you both were, living together. Of course it must have been a shock, but it's a good way to sort things out.

Hi guys, just wanted to update on my partner's application for Work visa extension, her visa was approved. I am very very happy, so is she.
    So my next step for her is resident visa which will requires a lot of evidence. Any idea what kinda of evidence I will need? Any idea of which is very important evidence and which isn't so important but good to have? Thank you so much guys! I was worried for the whole week this week, thinking why did they come to check on us like that. Thanks again guys!

You'll need all the same things - so, copies if you have them of anything that INZ have retained - and then more of the same covering the time passing, showing you're still living together, and still carrying out normal life things together, like shopping, going places, getting invitations, maybe belonging to the same club. See the old threads. https://www.google.co.uk/#q=site:enz...tnership+proof When you apply, your case may not go to the same CO or even the same office to be dealt with, so you make things as easy as possible for the new CO, showing them if possible what the previous case already had, and telling them your previous reference number so they can check the old records when they need to.

@JandM: Sorry by the same things, do you mean all the evidence I have given when applied for Work visa? If so, what else do i need? because I cannot seem to think of anything else. The way we live is quite simple, we enjoy catch up with friends once in a while here and there, not so often therefore, we don't get many invitation or anything. Beside photos, bank statement of what have purchased and stuffs, i cannot think of anything else

Please clarify what you mean by this
    showing them if possible what the previous case already had, and telling them your previous reference number so they can check the old records when they need to.

You gave evidence for when you started living together, and the months after that, that entitled you to the first, temporary visa. The evidence for that time will ALSO be part of proving your 12 months together for the Residence visa.

INZ may not have returned all the evidence you sent for the first application. So you will need to tell the CO for the Residence application the details of your Temporary Work Visa application, so s/he will know where to look in the computer records to check that the evidence for those earlier times was seen and logged at the time, so s/he can tick it off as proving the first three (or however many) months of the 12 that you need to show for Residence.

As to what else you need - you need the same kind of things proving day to day living together, but proving that you carried on still living together in the same way after the work visa was granted, and are still doing so. Even after you send in the application for residence, keep collecting, because INZ usually ask for evidence covering the processing time, just before they issue the visa.