Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Residence Visa : Newborn baby

Question Residence Visa : Newborn baby

I had a query regarding the residence visa for Newborn baby.

I and my partner have NZ Residence Visa.

Since my partner is pregnant she was not able to travel at the moment. There will be only 2 months gap between the due date and Nz first entry expire date. So which will be a preferable visa to get within these 2 months for the child , residence or visit visa ?

Awaiting for a positive response.

As soon as the baby is born, get his/her birth certificate and passport, and immediately apply for a visitor's visa for him/her, with a covering letter explaining the circumstances. As soon as mother and child get to NZ, you will be able to sponsor him/her for Residence as your dependent child https://www.immigration.govt.nz/new-...-resident-visa - you wouldn't have time to do this beforehand.

Did you tell INZ that your wife was pregnant while your Residence application was being processed? If so, it would be helpful to refer back to this when writing the covering letter for the child's visitor visa.

Hi JandM

Thanks a lot for the response.

What are the procedure and documents required while applying for visiting visa ?
    How long will it take to get visiting visa and from where the visa will be endorsed (INZ office native country or Immigration office New Zealand) ?

Regards
    Cijo

Here you are. https://www.immigration.govt.nz/new-...s-visitor-visa

I believe the visa will be issued from where your wife and the child are, but you would need to ask the INZ office about that. They would also be able to give her an idea of how long it would take. I understand you are concerned about getting your wife to NZ in time to activate her own visa. You can explain that to the local office, too.

Thanks !!!

Worst case scenario - it might be necessary for your wife to take a brief trip on her own to activate the visa. I'm sure she would prefer not to leave the baby, but it might be the only way round it, if his/her visitor visa couldn't be processed in time.

Another thought - you're not from a visa waiver country, are you? That would make things a whole lot easier.

I am from India and she don't come leaving kid back home

Is there any possibility to extend the first entry date , if the child's visa is on the processing stage ?

No, dates can't be extended

Technically speaking 2 months is too tight a situation to get baby visa. To start with you need to register the birth and obtain birth certificate form authorities, this can take at-least 3-4 weeks. Then you have to apply for passport, its better to apply under Tatkal scheme(even in that case it takes upto 7-10 days). Once you have baby's passport you can apply for visitor's visa, which normally takes 2-3 weeks depending on workload and where you live. Can I ask when is your baby due? and when is last entry date?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast