Thread: urgent question: minimum salary for considering the offer for residency visa

Default urgent question: minimum salary for considering the offer for residency visa

hi,
    i have an urgent question!!
    me and my husband applied for residence visa. my husband, who is the main applicant, has been offered SMC (search for job visa) which has a validity of 9 months, and our application for residency has been deferred to 12 months.
    my husband just got a job offer in his skilled job field, however, we are concerned if there is a minimum salary restriction for this job offer to be considered for our residency application. he is hesitant to sign the job agreement until we confirm this information.
    is there any thing like this? the offer is an Audio visual installation technician

Here http://onlineservices.immigration.go...nual/30614.htm is the page of requirements about that. When they say 'skilled job', the definition is here. http://onlineservices.immigration.go...nual/46411.htm As you will see, the only mention of a salary level (minimum $45,000 a year) comes if the occupation is in Part C of the list of skilled occupations.

Hello JandM@ if occupations come from Part A or Part B, then salary requirments will be $45000 or higher... Or no salary requirments for PartA or Part B
    Cheers

If you look at the link, you'll see that there is no mention of a minimum wage under those headings. But part of INZ checking out a job offered is making sure that the employer is keeping to employment law and normal practice, including paying within the normal range for that job in that area. So you'd need to see what other people are getting for a similar job in that district. Otherwise, INZ would be suspicious that the job was not genuinely a skilled one, if you were prepared to accept e.g. the equal of an unskilled minimum wage for carrying out professional responsibilities.

Hello JandM@ thanks for your explanation. I understand you.
    Is there any way to know rough salary idea for ICT support guy?
    I checked different website and different listing regarding ICT support salary . According to your experience or idea, do you quote salary range per hr > please
    Cheers
    Bunty

I don't know it of my own knowledge, but this may help. https://www.hays.net.nz/salary-guide/

JandM@ thanks for your resources link. Highly appreciate
    Cheers

Of course, there can be local variations, because of local demand for that job, and more/less potential candidates for any vacancy.