Thread: Work to Residence - Travel Expiry Date

Default Work to Residence - Travel Expiry Date

Hi everyone, my first post!!

I have been granted a Work to Residence Visa (Talent - Accredited Employer). I have a signed contract indicating I will be starting on 24 January 2017. As such I went ahead with my visa application and was issued today. I was not aware that I only have 3 months to enter New Zealand and as such the expiry date is 6 December 2016. BUT, I have booked my flight (with the entire family) only on 12 January 2017.

I have been in contact with Immigration, and they informed me that I will need to apply for a Replacement Visa closer to the time. Can anyone comment on this, since I believe the replacement visa is for when you loose your passport or get a new one.

Thanks,

Dirk

It may just be a form of words, and they could have meant just another visa. But I haven't heard of this situation before, and in your place I would get back in touch with INZ and ask to speak to a supervisor, because it seems ridiculous to even consider having to pay again, when all that is required is a change of date.

I agree 100%. I am trying to make contact with the immigration officer to understand what the process is.

Just and update to my situation. I have made contact with the immigration officer and VFS Global in order to find out what I now need to do. I have been instructed by INZ and VFS to write a letter explaining my situation and to attach evidence of my employment contract stating the employment commencement date and they will then re-issue the work visa in order for the expiry date of first entry to be in alignment with my travel arrangements. I will have to pay an admin fee though, but luckily this is not the fee for the entire visa (small admin fee).

That's very good news, and good sense on their part, I think.