Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WANTED: 2+ bed in Hamilton/Cambridge/surrounding from late Dec/early Jan for 2 adults, 1 cat, 1 dog

Default WANTED: 2+ bed in Hamilton/Cambridge/surrounding from late Dec/early Jan for 2 adults, 1 cat, 1 dog

This is a long shot but just in case.

My husband and I have a job offer to start work in Hamilton on 10 January.
    We are already in New Zealand from 24 December and have a campervan booked until 9 Jan (we were holidaying with a view to emigrating.....tour books, friends and family convinced us before we even got that far)

We are looking for a 2+ bed, short commute from Frankton, Hamilton. We have a cat and a dog. We are 36 and 42, tidy and responsible.
    Would like either a fenced in garden, or permission to put our own fences up either around the property or in part of the garden so the dog has secure space.
    Dog is a staffy cross. The cat and dog are both well behaved and not destructive.
    I am a fair gardener and husband is good at DIY. We are easy going and happy to do small bits of work ourselves. I have rented my own house out to tenants in the past and had them call about every little thing, and also had tenants that didn't pay rent and caused thousands of pounds of damage to my property, so know what it feels like to have your pride and joy in someone elses hands and would take good care of your property while living there, pay on time, etc.

Thinking a minimum 6 month contract would be good, happy to negotiate longer.
    We live on a wide beam canal boat but rent a mooring and an office/workshop so can provide references from the marina manager and our unit owner. Both can vouch for us as people, regular payers, and also the dog.

Hi there, I have a home in Cambridge - opposite the dog exercise park! I own my home here and am completing study (at age 57!!) on response to Dyslexia - and am going to be on a study block from 9th January. Plus am probably going to be working in South Auckland on return... The dates may well work. ?? I usually run AirBnb but do not want to do that while I am away - as you have said ... sometimes you just need to keep a good eye on things LOL ! I am not sure if you have had Cambridge on your radar - I used to work in Hamilton every day and it would about 20-25 minutes to get to Frankton. I have a 4 bedroom home and - would you consider staying in my AirBnb rooms - but on a negotiated fair weekly rental? I would be home from time to time from February onwards - but you would certainly have the house to yourself in January. It is a spacious home. Woudl you consider perhaps coming out to see my place and to meet up or Skype. I am not sure where you are exactly in New Zealand right now Cheers Claire
    Last edited by Claire A; 15th December 2016 at 10:05 AM.

Oh I see you are in New Zealand from December 24 - perhaps we can Skype? my Skype name is seagreenink Cheers Claire

Hi again I am not sure if you have received my offer for accommodation below. If you are interested please get back to me. Many thanks Claire
    Quote Originally Posted by bethf1980 View Post
    This is a long shot but just in case.

My husband and I have a job offer to start work in Hamilton on 10 January.
    We are already in New Zealand from 24 December and have a campervan booked until 9 Jan (we were holidaying with a view to emigrating.....tour books, friends and family convinced us before we even got that far)

We are looking for a 2+ bed, short commute from Frankton, Hamilton. We have a cat and a dog. We are 36 and 42, tidy and responsible.
    Would like either a fenced in garden, or permission to put our own fences up either around the property or in part of the garden so the dog has secure space.
    Dog is a staffy cross. The cat and dog are both well behaved and not destructive.
    I am a fair gardener and husband is good at DIY. We are easy going and happy to do small bits of work ourselves. I have rented my own house out to tenants in the past and had them call about every little thing, and also had tenants that didn't pay rent and caused thousands of pounds of damage to my property, so know what it feels like to have your pride and joy in someone elses hands and would take good care of your property while living there, pay on time, etc.

Thinking a minimum 6 month contract would be good, happy to negotiate longer.
    We live on a wide beam canal boat but rent a mooring and an office/workshop so can provide references from the marina manager and our unit owner. Both can vouch for us as people, regular payers, and also the dog.

Red face Offer of home from 9 January

Hi there, I have a home in Cambridge - opposite the dog exercise park! I own my home here and am completing study (at age 57!!) on response to Dyslexia - and am going to be on a study block from 9th January. Plus am probably going to be working in South Auckland on return... The dates may well work for you ??

I usually run AirBnb but do not want to do that while I am away - as you have said ... sometimes you just need to keep a good eye on things LOL ! I am not sure if you have had Cambridge on your radar - I used to work in Hamilton every day and it would about 20-25 minutes to get to Frankton. I have a 4 bedroom home and - would you consider staying in my AirBnb rooms - but on a negotiated fair weekly rental?

I would be home from time to time from February onwards - but the house is quite big and 'your' end of the house is quite private.

You would certainly have the house to yourself in January. It is a spacious home.

Woudl you consider perhaps coming out to see my place and to meet up or Skype. Cheers Claire

Hi. Sorry I've only just seen this (thanks to a PM). Our entry to NZ has been delayed a little so we are probably looking from mid Feb or later onwards depending how long NZI take to go over medical records. I wouldn't want to commit to anything before we know a date. But thank you

Just to update.
    We only just got our visas.
    Hubby is moving out to a short term rental. So now looking for somewhere that would take two adults plus a dog and a cat commutable to Hamilton from anywhere between Easter and early July (pets arriving start of July)

Hi there, just saw your message. Congratulations on getting your visa! If your husband is moving over to a short term rental, he will be able to get the lay of the land - and a feel for what is available and what you are looking for - once he arrives in Hamilton. My update is that I have finished my study and am now working from home BUT also have been asked by about three different organisations to work contracts for them - in different parts of the country. Are you looking for long term accommodation? or 6 months? I still run Airbnb and am booked up until end of April. But - would be happy to meet you once you have settled in a bit - perhaps drive out to Cambridge to see what you think? Cheers Claire

First of all. Claire I've messaged you to say the same but sorry for missing your reply. I thought I had checked it. I've just turned e-mail notifications on!

Secondly. We are now looking for the same as originally, but from late Oct/early Nov. Probably looking for a long term (18-24 month) contract so we can be based somewhere while we save up a deposit (Brexit exchange rates saw us lose a lot)

I'm working in Leamington and hubby in Frankton so anywhere sensible would be considered if it would accept well behaved pets and owners

Cambridge, Tamahere, Tauwhare would all be good options for both of you, I include Leamington in Cambridge. Try looking at Trademe.co.nz to get an idea of rentals. In my opinion Leamington and Cambridge are a lot nicer places to live than Hamilton. We live in Cambridge but commute to Hamilton.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast