Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Work visa under partnership taking too long

Default Work visa under partnership taking too long

We lodged work visa under partnership last July 15, 2016 and until now we haven't received any update from Immigration.

There's no point in allowing yourself to think, 'It's taking too long.' There IS no normal timing. Every case takes as long as it takes, and if they're busy, it takes longer.

My application was received by immigration on the 10th of August, they got back to me last Friday with the results of an initial assessment. Did you call the hotline to ask about this? I called twice before they got back to me and they told me that it takes 24 days for the case to be assigned to an officer.

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    There's no point in allowing yourself to think, 'It's taking too long.' There IS no normal timing. Every case takes as long as it takes, and if they're busy, it takes longer.
    Am I right in saying if a work visa hasn't been granted in time and the current work visa expires an interim visa will be given automatically to keep you legal whilst a decision is made on the new application?

Quote Originally Posted by Nurrish View Post
    Am I right in saying if a work visa hasn't been granted in time and the current work visa expires an interim visa will be given automatically to keep you legal whilst a decision is made on the new application?
    yes, if you are applying for a visa of the same time and with the same conditions, an interim visa will be granted shortly before expiry of current visa if no decision has been made.

I phoned immigration and I was told I was assigned an officer last August 29

Hi,

What kind of visa have you applied?

Work visa under partnership

Hi JandM. CO says my partner is not eligible to sponsor me under temporary visa because she cannot sponsor me for residence in the coming 12 months as she successfully sponsored a partner under residence. Why didn't they tell us in the decline letter they sent me on my previous partnership application that she is not an eligible sponsor and why did INZ contact center told my wife she can sponsor a partner on a temporary visa?

I'm very sorry to hear the disappointing news.

About the previous 'decline' letter, you would have to ask them that.

About the INZ call centre, as I've said many times on these threads, the people there are like a human FAQ system, working from the computer database. They are NOT experienced case working officials, so all they can tell you comes from what is in the computer. What they find there partly depends on what keywords they put in, which section they open, etc.. I'm afraid (and people have done this on purpose to try), if you phone the helpline several times with exactly the same question, sometimes you get a whole handful of different answers.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast