Thread: Am I Communicating with my CO Properly?

Question Am I Communicating with my CO Properly?

Thanks for taking the time to read this! I have an odd situation and I am hoping someone can give me some advice. I am in the process of applying for a residence visa through partnership and was assigned a CO about two weeks ago.

My CO sent me an intro letter saying he is looking for more proof of length of relationship as well as that our police checks were not from the correct database. I was requested to courier mail the proper information over.

I emailed my CO back at the email address provided in the welcome letter showing details of how the police reports checks the database that is listed on the immigration website and asked for some validation a potential item to prove length of relationship (don’t want to make this message too long, but I can provide more details if needed).

That was almost two weeks ago now and have not heard anything back. Am I making something out of nothing? I really don’t want to bug my CO but at the same time I am curious if I have not followed the right path of communication. Thank-you again for all your help!

asked for some validation a potential item to prove length of relationship
    I don't understand what you mean by this. Regarding proof of living together, it may be helpful to look at old threads, which have discussion and examples. https://www.google.co.uk/#q=site:enz...tnership+proof

Two weeks is nothing in INZ terms. You are perhaps mistaking the situation in the INZ office. The CO won't have been simply waiting for your response, ready to react to it. All COs have to work their allocation of cases (80 - 90 at the moment, we are told) in rotation. They take the first, do everything they can for the time (sending out queries, or ticking off replies), then put that to the back and take the next, then the next, then the next, and so on. They don't take any file out of order. Any replies go to your file wherever it is in the queue, and the CO won't see them until it's your file's turn to be looked at again. Because the COs' job requires them to focus on processing cases, you won't get a business or socially polite relationship with your CO - he will only be in touch if there is someting specific to tell you, or to ask for.

Hi JandM, thank-you for such a quick response.

I don't understand what you mean by this.
    This is a typo on my end. Basically he said that we provided significant proof of a stable relationship but not length of relationship (we will be married a year at the end of this month). In my response I asked him if a letter from my bank stating we got a joint bank account a year and 5 months ago and stating both of us under the same address would be sufficient. Unfortunately, past that we do not have much of a paper trail showing us living together (everything gets paid out of that joint account).

Thank-you for clearing up the details on the workload in the office, looks to me like I need to be patient and just wait for that feedback.