Thread: EOI Help!

Smile EOI Help!

Hi all,

I have a few questions in regards to the EOI for the SMC Visa.

I have a permanent job working for an accredited Employer for 16 months, however when I started I was employed as a Group Administrator which is providing support to a manager i.e the same as a personal assistant but with other duties on my job description. My manager then got promoted to general manager so I became an Executive assistant, moving from an essential skills 1 year work visa to a 30 month talent accredited work to residence visa. I have the option to wait 24 months to go straight to residence but figured that I will go through the SMC route as I have already been in NZ three years.

Can I claim the 60 points for working over 12 months in skilled employment? Also, personal assistant and general secretary both come under the anzco skilled occupation list so confused as to which one to use but I have two years work experience working as an Personal Assistant in Wellington. Also If I can prove it is skilled then would my EOI be selected if I get over 100 points?

I phoned immigration and they just told me as long as I can prove it matches the duties on the list but there are a few slight changes with the change in job title. If I cant prove it is skilled then I will need to claim points for my qualification however it needs to be verified which can take up to three months but I will still fall short of the 140 points needed to be automatically selected.

With my work experience, I was recruited through an agency so will immigration accept a reference from my recruitment consultant? I asked for written references from my previous employers but they couldn't provide it as I wasn't employed directly through them and also ministries don't give written references so I am assuming verbal references may do.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

You are probably on the cusp of whether it is worth applying under SMC.

You could expect that an SMC application, might take up to 12 months from this point. Along the way you will need to deal with all of the issues and questions above. Remember though that with a skilled job, you only need 100 points.

If you wait an lodge a Residence from Work application in 8 months time, you might expect that to be decided in 2-3 months. So your likely to be a resident at around the same tine as if you applied under SMC, without the stress and questions.

Hi Chris,

Thanks for your reply.

However, I was issued an essential skills for 1 year when I started as my salary was as under $45,000.

When they changed my job title and salary they issued me with my work to residence from june this year so I would need to wait until June 2018 before I can go directly for residence as its 24 months on that visa and not taking into account I have already worked her over one year, hence wasting time. I would also have to renew my medical again next year so that's why I thought its still better to go through the SMC route...

Regards,

L