Thread: Interim visa

Default Interim visa

Hello everyone,

I need some advice, I applied for work visa under essential skills. Lodgement date was aug 1, 2016 and still i havent got it yet. Ive called 2x and they said still on process. My visa will be expiring on sept 17. Do i get interem visa automatically if i dont get visa before it expires? Im still working on the same company but for a level up position. Your comments will be highly appreciated. Thanks.

Yes, they will automatically give you an interim visa if necessary.

What visa are you on at the moment?

Thanks JandM. Im still on a work visa which will expire on sept 17....this waiting time is just taking too long. I was ask for further requirement by the CO aug 11 and i send it aug 12 but still no result yet.

There's no point in letting yourself think it's 'too long', I'm afraid. The processing for any visa takes as long as it takes, and can get slowed up if there are a lot of applications going through that office at the time. Also, the CO won't be waiting for your response to a requirement, to pick up dealing with it the moment it arrives. They are all working other cases in rotation with yours (80 - 90, I hear), so your reply will have gone into your file, and the CO will see it when it's your file's next turn for attention.

HI there

Its too early but just for information

I am on a 30 month Work to Residence Visa- Talent-Accredited employer

I have submitted my application for Permanent Resident Visa

There is a delay in allocating CO and thereafter maybe even in processing.

In this circumstance, which visa will I have to apply for, in case my Resident Visa does not come through in time ?
    Will it be the same Work to Residence ?

Thanks for advising

I believe so, as long as your employer is still accredited. Here's hoping the jam sorts itself out, and you won't need it.