Thread: Further documents for the third time!!

Default Further documents for the third time!!

Hi all, today was the third time my co is asking for further documents!! Is this regularly done or she intends to delay my file since she asked for some documents before but they were unavailable so we didn't send them! Today she asked for the certificates my husband received for some training he got although it is mentioned on our IPENZ that it is an internal training which does not grant any certificate! Please advise!

Of course your CO is not wanting to delay your case. She is working in a system with multiple layers of checking on the work going through the office. She is just as keen to get her cases through, for different reasons, as the applicants are.

The CO is working to a checklist, needing to see some evidence or a good explanation for everything you said about yourself on your ITA. If she asked for documents that are unavailable, you need to say this very clearly, saying why they are unavailable, and showing proof of any efforts you have made to acquire them. It may be necessary to give an affidavit that the facts are true, that WOULD be proved by the documents. INZ won't let the CO just pass over the fact that there is no evidence for something - that's why she's asking again. 'I haven't got that,' won't be sufficient.

Likewise, okay, you may not have got a certificate for the training that your husband did, but surely you must have a letter to say he completed the course, which you could send. If it is documented in the IPENZ statement but she has missed the fact, then direct her attention to the relevant paragraph.

Help the CO. She can't ask anybody else but you for what she needs, and it's for your benefit. Point out where she can see the information she needs if it is already with her. Tell her what the problem is if you can't provide what she has asked for, and ask what evidence she could accept instead. She has to tick all those boxes on your application. The sooner she gets it done, the sooner your case will be completed.

Thanx JandM, but I have one more question if you please! My husband's experience letter is for being a project manager now he will be hired as a sales manager, does this affect our case?

Job titles don't matter, as long as the skills used in the work experience relate to the qualification, and will be used in the skilled job being put forward.

Thank you JandM for being that patient to answer my questions