Thread: Visitor Visa From Philippines

Default Visitor Visa From Philippines

Hi There!

So I've recently come back from the Philippines to Meet my Partner's Family and wish to Bring her over to New Zealand to meet my Family and also see some parts of new Zealand. From what I have read https://www.immigration.govt.nz/new-...HL&applying=no on the Immigration Website it is rather "Straight Forward" But i know there will be some Hidden things. I Intend to bring her over here For a Total of 3 months. She will be Sponsored for her Stay over here with myself Providing her the House to stay and that, So instead of $1000 Required it is $400. A little Back Ground, If she gets accepted, she will Resign at her Current Job as she will be here for 3 months so they wont be able to hold it for her, And she does not own land in the Philippines, And i have read that if you own land you have More proof to Return? We want to Process this Visa As soon as we can as we want to Apply before December so she can come here for new Years and Christmas as well. And also what about Return Ticket? will she need to Buy before she Arrives too? She will have enough Funds to buy one with Money she will have on her and will also Once again, be sponsored. We don't Mind buying it Before hand like with Air NZ so if something is to happen with a Working Holiday Visa we can just Cancel the Ticket and get a Part Refund or she will just fly out on it. Whilst here also we may try to apply for the Philippine Working Holiday Visa so she can Extend her stay to be able to Study and possibly work over here too.

Any Idea how long a Visitor Visa can take too please?

All advice is Welcome The more i learn the less i stress.

Thank you from Jailyn & Brian
    Last edited by JailynAndBrian; 10th September 2016 at 06:08 PM.

The issues that you will face here are two fold. Firstly INZ will see her as a risk, if she is young, single, without a history of international travel and has no job to return to.

There is also the dileama of your relationship, which is not enough to be approved for a partnership based visa, and there is further risk for a visitor visa, as she may seek to stay longer in NZ if the relationship is developed.

You must , in any case supply the mandatory documents with the application and this would include at least an itinerary, if not return tickets.

3 months is a very long time for a first time visitor visa applicant.

You might have to bit this off in chunks by having your partner come for a short visit , say over Christmas, and while she remains employed, for the purpose of visiting you, her 'friend"
    If at some point she meets all the requirements of the Philippines WHV scheme(copied below) and there are places available, that might be best applied for off shore. Later if your relationship continues and you are living together, you could then apply under partnership grounds. .

I'd say your situation is anything but straight forward. You must at all times be open and honest with INZ, and disclose what your intentions are, even if for the moment they aren't confirmed..

WI2.122 Philippines Working Holiday Scheme

This scheme is available to 100 young citizens of the Republic of the Philippines annually.
    To be eligible for a work visa under this scheme, applicants must:
    be a citizen of the Republic of the Philippines; and
    have a minimum of NZ$4,200 available funds for their maintenance during the period of stay in New Zealand; and
    agree to hold medical and comprehensive hospitalisation insurance to remain in force throughout their stay in New Zealand; and
    meet the requirements at WI2.1.1(b); and
    have a tertiary qualification granted in respect of a minimum of three years' full-time university study; and
    have a level of proficiency in English that is assessed as at least functional (see WI2.122.1).
    Successful applicants will be granted a work visa with the following conditions:
    if the applicant is outside New Zealand, first entry to New Zealand must be made within 12 months of the visa being granted, and the visa will allow work and multiple entries to New Zealand for 12 months from first arrival; or
    if the applicant is in New Zealand, the visa will allow work and multiple entry to New Zealand for 12 months.
    Participants in this scheme must not work for the same employer for a period exceeding three months.
    Applicants under this scheme must lodge their application in the prescribed manner (E4.50).
    WI2.122.1 Proficiency in English
    For the purpose of these instructions an applicant's proficiency in English is deemed to be at least functional if:

they provide evidence that their tertiary qualification was gained from an institution where all tuition was in English; or
    they can produce a certificate from the International English Language Testing System (IELTS), showing they achieved an average level of 4.5 over the four components of the test.
    Note: The IELTS certificate must be no more than two years old at the time the application is lodged.

So as you are Suggesting, It would more than Likely be best to do a Christmas Visit instead as a "Friend" in the application, We could do that however we find it a Waste of money for Future plans together, At this Stage i think we may still attempt to go through and still with this and see the Outcome, I know the Percentage is Greater to being Denied than Accepted but all the same i will still give it a go and see the outcome hoping by Fluke she is Accepted. She is However got most things she needs for the Philippine WHV check list. I will still attempt to give this a Go and wish for the Best though, I find I'll be upfront Honest about the Extended time and the Working Holiday Visa Rather than cause Suspicion. If the Visa is to be Denied, I will just have to go over there for a year or so to do what i can for a Partnership Visa...

Quote Originally Posted by JailynAndBrian View Post
    So as you are Suggesting, It would more than Likely be best to do a Christmas Visit instead as a "Friend" in the application, We could do that however we find it a Waste of money for Future plans together, At this Stage i think we may still attempt to go through and still with this and see the Outcome, I know the Percentage is Greater to being Denied than Accepted but all the same i will still give it a go and see the outcome hoping by Fluke she is Accepted. She is However got most things she needs for the Philippine WHV check list. I will still attempt to give this a Go and wish for the Best though, I find I'll be upfront Honest about the Extended time and the Working Holiday Visa Rather than cause Suspicion. If the Visa is to be Denied, I will just have to go over there for a year or so to do what i can for a Partnership Visa...
    It pays to be honest, knowing she is a young single girl from the Philippines who you have been with for three weeks I think INZ will know you two have stronger intentions than just being friends, so they will considering the strength of your relationship, which as this moment they would not consider stable, online chatting hold little to no weight as evidence as a relationship, only time spent living together.

You may want to take a look at this http://www.enz.org/forum/showthread.php?t=50836

I don't think I would go for a visitor visa when expecting it to be declined, as she would have to tick yes to future visa applications for other visa as being denied entry to a certain country, this would be like a black mark against her name as far as I am aware.

If I were you I would get her to go for the WHV or go and live with her for a few months and gather a lot of solid relationship evidence for a future visitor visa or partnership based visa.