Thread: EOI Points query

Question EOI Points query

Hi,

I am currently in the process of completing my EOI and I have a few queries in regards to the points so I have totaled as follows:

Working in skilled employment for over 12 months: 60 points

Bonus points for working outside Auckland : 30 Points

Level 7 Qualification: 50 Points

Work Experience in skilled employment (2 years)- 10 points

NZ work experience (2 years) - 10 points

My query is in regard to what points I need to claim in order to get invited to apply for residency. I have been working in a permanent role as an Executive Assistant for 16 months and I should hopefully be able to claim points as a skilled occupation due to a personal assistant being listed on the ANZCO skill list. My job description appears to match the tasks listed and I also have two years experience working as a PA also. Would my EOI would get selected if I have over 100 points in my current skilled occupation? The regulations seem to say this but I am not sure whether due to targets that it will just lie there in the pool or possibly drop out!

If so, would it be better for me to just claim 140 points in order to automatically get selected? I would also have to get my qualification assessed by the NZQTA and this would set me back more time and money and I cant complete the EOI until this is done ;-(

I also need to know whether its better for me to claim points on my experience or will just the 100 points with my skilled occupation do?

Sorry for the influx of questions, just not sure which direction to go with this and I want to make it as easy as possible so any help would be greatly appreciated :-)

Many thanks,

Laura

keep you application as simple as possible but meeting all requirements, You will need just 100 points with a skilled job offer to be selected. i assume you level 7 qualification is 'relevant"

Hi Chris,

Thanks for your reply.

So should I just claim the points including my skilled employment to get over 100? Also will I be selected at the next fortnightly draw?

My qualification is a BA (Hons) Business with Marketing so would it be accepted?

I would like to keep it as simple as possible but just want to make sure I meet the right requirements.

Regards,

Laura

So should I just claim the points including my skilled employment to get over 100? Also will I be selected at the next fortnightly draw?
    Yes, and yes.

My qualification is a BA (Hons) Business with Marketing so would it be accepted?
    You need to check the INZ list of qualifications exempt from assessment. http://onlineservices.immigration.go...nual/35171.htm If your degree is not mentioned there, under the right institution, with the dates in the last column covering the time when you graduated, then you will need to get it assessed (get an IQA) by NZQA. http://www.nzqa.govt.nz/qualificatio...ns-assessment/

Thanks Jan,

My institution is not on the list of qualifications so I would need to get it assessed.

However I make up a total of 115 points with my age, skilled occupation, work outside of Auckland so if I can submit it with that then hopefully it will get selected. I guess I will also have to prove I have 3 years experience in the job also?

Regards,

Laura

Probably.

Thanks for that :-)

I have just checked under the ANSCO code for personal assistant and it seems that I need 3 years experience in the role, however I am short in my experience by just three months. I also have nearly three years NZ experience and I could claim bonus points but there may be a possibility they could decline it.

Other option is do my qualification and try and get over 140 points.

Regards,

Laura

If you aren't claiming points for a qualification then what you need is three years relevant experience, not three years experience in the role.
    see
    SM7.10.10 Relevance of work experience to employment
    Work experience is relevant to employment if the employer considers, and an immigration officer is satisfied that:

the work experience is directly applicable to the employment; and/or
    the offer of employment could not reasonably have been made or the employment could not reasonably have been undertaken if the applicant did not have that work experience.