Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Partnership-based temporary work visa (visa for partners of Aus/NZ residents or citizens)

Default Partnership-based temporary work visa (visa for partners of Aus/NZ residents or citizens)

Hello,

Has anyone applied for the partnership-based temporary work visa for NZ? Not the residence based one but the temporary visa. I know that the processing time states about 24 working days but I am wondering whether anyone has had theirs processed earlier than this and if there's any tips!

Thanks guys

Quote Originally Posted by Lexie92 View Post
    Hello,

Has anyone applied for the partnership-based temporary work visa for NZ? Not the residence based one but the temporary visa. I know that the processing time states about 24 working days but I am wondering whether anyone has had theirs processed earlier than this and if there's any tips!

Thanks guys
    I applied after 3 months of living together. Took about 21 days. It would of taken shorten but at one point I was asked to provide more information which delayed my visa getting approved.
    Make sure you have as much evidence as possible, the more the better. We live with his parents so we had no joint bills and they asked for public acknowledgment

My approval literally took a few days. I had expected a week or two and I think it took 3 days. I had an immigration advisor and they submitted the paperwork for me once I got it to them. My advisor laughed at us because we had so much paperwork though. We thought it was normal but they said we were "very thorough".

My advice is to make sure all your bases are covered. We probably went overboard, but we submitted phone records (not just the bills but the actual call record proving how often we called each other), text message history (a pain to extract but worthwhile IMHO), letters from friends/family, a letter from my landlord, regular pictures, bills, etc.

I applied for my residency at the same time as my work visa. We had only been living together for about 6 months when I did the Work Visa application but the advisor said that if we submitted both at the same time it would make me look more committed. Since you have to live together for a year before you can get partnership-based residency, I moved to New Zealand once I got the work Visa and we kept sending proof of our relationship until the 1 year requirement was met and then I got my residency.

One challenge for me was that they only gave me a one year Work Visa. That limited what benefits I could get (https://lifeinnz365.com/2016/07/11/g...ed-healthcare/) and can be a problem for some companies when hiring you. It all worked out for me but I wasn't covered under the government healthcare until my residency came through and the company I work through pulled me on as a 'fixed term employee' rather than truly permanent until the residency was done.

Quote Originally Posted by Emilia.bee View Post
    I applied after 3 months of living together. Took about 21 days. It would of taken shorten but at one point I was asked to provide more information which delayed my visa getting approved.
    Make sure you have as much evidence as possible, the more the better. We live with his parents so we had no joint bills and they asked for public acknowledgment
    Thanks for your message- we were living together for 11 months but haven't got a proper lease either as we rented though a friend. We've got a statutory declaration from him. I'm glad you guys got approved in the end.

Quote Originally Posted by wmgilbert View Post
    My approval literally took a few days. I had expected a week or two and I think it took 3 days. I had an immigration advisor and they submitted the paperwork for me once I got it to them. My advisor laughed at us because we had so much paperwork though. We thought it was normal but they said we were "very thorough".

My advice is to make sure all your bases are covered. We probably went overboard, but we submitted phone records (not just the bills but the actual call record proving how often we called each other), text message history (a pain to extract but worthwhile IMHO), letters from friends/family, a letter from my landlord, regular pictures, bills, etc.

I applied for my residency at the same time as my work visa. We had only been living together for about 6 months when I did the Work Visa application but the advisor said that if we submitted both at the same time it would make me look more committed. Since you have to live together for a year before you can get partnership-based residency, I moved to New Zealand once I got the work Visa and we kept sending proof of our relationship until the 1 year requirement was met and then I got my residency.

One challenge for me was that they only gave me a one year Work Visa. That limited what benefits I could get (https://lifeinnz365.com/2016/07/11/g...ed-healthcare/) and can be a problem for some companies when hiring you. It all worked out for me but I wasn't covered under the government healthcare until my residency came through and the company I work through pulled me on as a 'fixed term employee' rather than truly permanent until the residency was done.
    This helps so much thanks heaps! We've got all bases covered. I hope ours is as quick as yours was. Congrats

Have all of you applying for a partnership based visa had an advisor? I submitted my application from sweden, and my partner added his papers, and sent it to immigration, but did all the paperwork myself. Also, is it better to send the application to the nearest branch? Or straight to immigration in NZ?

Quote Originally Posted by otsv View Post
    Have all of you applying for a partnership based visa had an advisor? I submitted my application from sweden, and my partner added his papers, and sent it to immigration, but did all the paperwork myself. Also, is it better to send the application to the nearest branch? Or straight to immigration in NZ?
    It is perfectly possible to prepare an application yourself.

Use the INZ website for A LOT of information. Here http://onlineservices.immigration.go...or.htm?level=1 is the Office and Fees Finder, which will tell you where you need to send your application.

Hi! Thank you for your reply. I sent my application to the London branch, but it was sent back to me today. It says incomplete due to the meds not being performed by an INZ panel physician. This was not an issue the first time I sent it, as I am only staying for up to 6 months. What is the go with that?

If someone applies for a visa under the family stream/partnership regulations, INZ assumes that they are going to go on to apply for residence when they have enough evidence, so they expect medicals as required for 12+ months.

Quote Originally Posted by Emilia.bee View Post
    Hi Emilia!!

I am in a similar situation as you are because I am living with my partner's parents currently. What evidence did you give to make your application stronger without having a lease or bills in your names?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast