Thread: Former Resident Visa Holder Question

Default Former Resident Visa Holder Question

Hi
    I came to NZ in 2007, finished course in Furniture and Cabinet Making in Unitec, found job, where i worked 5 years. All together i spent 7 years in NZ.
    I applied 2 times for Resident Visa and only in May 2012 i was granted it. But due to some circumstances beyond my control I had to leave NZ shortly afterwards.

4 years later. My Resident Visa expired. If I apply again for Resident Visa I doubt I get it because I don't have job offer. I won't have enough points.

In my situation, where I want to return to NZ, what kind of Visa is best option for me I can apply for? Work Visa? Is here any "perks" for former Resident Visa Holder?))
    Isn't here some special kind of Work Visa You get it and search for job whole year, because i never get it, i found job immediately after getting certificate...

Thanks
    Ruslan.

Hello.

In my situation, where I want to return to NZ, what kind of Visa is best option for me I can apply for? Work Visa?
    I think this is the only option for you, but to do that, you will need to get a job offer. Work visas are almost all job-specific.

Is here any "perks" for former Resident Visa Holder?))
    No, I'm afraid not.

Isn't here some special kind of Work Visa You get it and search for job whole year
    No. Job search visas are only given in particular circumstances. One is, if someone has applied for Residence without a job offer, and didn't impress the CO enough at interview to get approved straight away, they can get SMC JSV for nine months, to find a skilled job offer. Another is, if the person has completed a course of study in NZ, they can get Post Study Work Visa (open).

Unless you still have any contacts in NZ, through whom you might get a job offer while still abroad, maybe your best chance would be to go to NZ as a visitor, to see if you can land a job offer face to face. (There is the "look, see and decide" reason for a visitor's visa, by which you declare before hand that you are job-hunting.)

Thank for quick reply
    Appreciate

Ruslan