Thread: How to submit a thick stack of partnership evidence?

Default How to submit a thick stack of partnership evidence?

Hi all,

So my partner is finally about to apply for her residence and we have gone threw our big folder of evidence that we have collected over the last 10 months we have been living together and we really just have the important stuff left, the problem is it is still far to think to fit in one of those big envelopes.

Can anyone recommend another way to bundle/secure this in a manner that would be ok for the immigration department?

Also, is it really essential to send in the envelopes with the letters which prove we are living together? we have 38 letters to send and if we could take the envelopes out we would save a lot of space like that!

Thanks!
    Last edited by David12345; 13th September 2016 at 06:38 PM.

We submitted ours and had 3 envelopes full of evidence. When we dropped it all into INZ we put Pack 1 of 3 then Pack 2 of 3 etc on front of each envelope with name and DOB as INZ request you do.
    When it was couriered back, it came in 3 courier packs taped together.

It is good to include the envelopes, for the following reason. In these days of desk-top publishing, it is not the most difficult thing in the world to fake any kind of letter, bill, etc., but it is much harder to fake an envelope that has a stamp or franking on it, and has that 'used' look of having gone through the mail system.

Thank you both for your answers, I am living in Christchurch with my partner and now the Christchurch branch does not process residency applications but they have suggested me to put our stack of evidence along with the application into a courier bag and send it to the Auckland branch, and this way the application can be as big as the courier bag can handle

20160914_153950.jpg