Thread: Dealing with rude property manager?

Default Dealing with rude property manager?

I'm wondering what I should do, if anything, with a property manager that behaved in a rude and belligerent manner while inspecting the property. On the one hand this is a trivial complaint since there was no gross negligence or misconduct. But on the other hand, in no other field would someone be allowed to behave in such an unprofessional manner with a client or customer.

The property manager works for a large rental company, so I am considering emailing them, but not sure if it would be of any use? There isn't much information about who the complaints go to and what they do with them. Also, obviously, I don't want to jeopardize our references.

Should I just let it go or try anyway? If I do contact the agency about it, is there any third party organization I should cc in my email?

Ah, sorry if I wasn't clear, we are the tenants.

Sorry to hear you've been having trouble. I'm leaving this to someone with direct experience with NZ rentals, which I haven't, to comment on.

Sorry to hear that. The problem is that as far as the property manager is concerned, you are neither the client nor the customer. The agent works for the property owner. Your best bet is take the matter up directly with the landlord. The poor behaviour of the property manager reflects directly on the landlord and he or she has a right to know.

Sorry to hear that. If you guys were compliant with what was required of you (eg clean house, neat garden etc), you shouldn't get too upset. As much as I know it's upsetting.

Our own landlady was the rudest b̶i̶t̶c̶h̶ person ever I wanted to s̶l̶a̶p̶ ̶h̶e̶r̶ walk away but I keep telling myself - I pay rent, I keep clean, now back off. Now I will only speak to her husband.

Continue to be the perfect tenant. I personally won't rock the boat as long as I haven't got the next place lined up. I have learnt, many times even when such a complaint is made, nothing much is done. I might tell it to the property manager in his face "lose that attitude. no need to talk like that." Standing up for yourself works well in this country.