Thread: different out comes for the same qulification

Question different out comes for the same qulification

Hi All,
    I got "A bachelors degree at level 7" generic outcome for IQA and asked to get the IPENZ assessment to be eligible for the bones points, While one of my friend who studied with me got the outcome "A bachelor of Computer and information Science at Level 7(360) credits". Both of us are having the same qualifications, and work experience as Software Engineers. Im wondering how this can be happen and what should i do ? Should i do a request to review IQA or should i proceed with IPENZ Please advice. Thank you.

You could request a review, explaining why. However, as you are a computer engineer, and all kinds of engineering qualifications are now, since a decision by the NZ authorities about a year ago, being referred to IPENZ, you will almost certainly need to do IPENZ as well.

One thought. Did your friend get his/her degree assessed a year or more ago? That might explain things, if it was before the instruction to involve IPENZ.

Hi Jan9876,
    The same happend to me.
    My degree specifications is computer engineering and i got level 7 genaric outcome and they ask me to do IPENZ.
    While my classmate did his NZQA assessment about 2 years ago without any additional requirements.
    As JandM mentioned it seems to be all engineering qualifications being referred to IPENZ nowadays.
    Wish you all the best..

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    You could request a review, explaining why. However, as you are a computer engineer, and all kinds of engineering qualifications are now, since a decision by the NZ authorities about a year ago, being referred to IPENZ, you will almost certainly need to do IPENZ as well.

One thought. Did your friend get his/her degree assessed a year or more ago? That might explain things, if it was before the instruction to involve IPENZ.

Hi JandM,
    Thank you for your reply. Yes i think you are correct, my friend applied for got the assessment early this year around 8-9 months ago.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Moka View Post
    Hi Jan9876,
    The same happend to me.
    My degree specifications is computer engineering and i got level 7 genaric outcome and they ask me to do IPENZ.
    While my classmate did his NZQA assessment about 2 years ago without any additional requirements.
    As JandM mentioned it seems to be all engineering qualifications being referred to IPENZ nowadays.
    Wish you all the best..
    Thanks for sharing your situation. Seems like things have change over the time. So what happened to your case ? got through KA01 or happened to apply for KA02 ?

They ask me to go for KA02, but still i did not start the process....

Quote Originally Posted by Moka View Post
    They ask me to go for KA02, but still i did not start the process....
    I see, wish you all the best for your application. I also need to contact them for my case.