Thread: Work Visa processing sequence

Default Work Visa processing sequence

Hi there,

I have applied work visa on 25th Aug but it has not even allocated CO yet. INZ said that my application is waiting to be allocated.
    I am on interim visa at the moment after expired ex-working holiday visa on 2nd Sep.
    I don't afford to live for a long time without any salary, so am frustrated.

Which is the first step between looking into medical record -> allocate CO or allocate CO -> looking in to medical record.

Thanks

It's just 3 weeks... Calm down mate.
    If you apply by paper application, the support officer (admin staff) will look at your file and see if the medical certificate is still valid. If all documents appear to be sufficient, it will be passed on to an immigration officer who takes a full assessment of your application.
    If you apply online I don't know.
    But either way all of your documents will be assessed and verified. Right now it may take a bit longer, but all you can do is to wait.

Medicals are automatically checked by computer as soon as they arrive, and any that have anything abnormal marked on them are sent to the Medical Assessors, where they are dealt with in order of date. So if your medical has any abnormaility, it will be queueing for attention at the same time as your file is waiting its turn for allocation to a CO.

Yes, I know all I have to do is to wait, but it is not easy to do as saying. . I thought it would be finished within 3 weeks.

Thank you for your advise.

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    Medicals are automatically checked by computer as soon as they arrive, and any that have anything abnormal marked on them are sent to the Medical Assessors, where they are dealt with in order of date. So if your medical has any abnormaility, it will be queueing for attention at the same time as your file is waiting its turn for allocation to a CO.
    Thank you for your answer.

I thought it would be finished within 3 weeks.
    Oh, my goodness! To get everything done within that time would be so rare as to be counted impossible. I expect now you have found the forum and had a chance to look at old threads, you will have seen that you are not alone - a lot of people are in just the same situation as you.

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    Oh, my goodness! To get everything done within that time would be so rare as to be counted impossible. I expect now you have found the forum and had a chance to look at old threads, you will have seen that you are not alone - a lot of people are in just the same situation as you.
    I found a lot of old threads same as me and realized my thought was so foolish. I should've read and reffed to it before I applied it.
    I have one more question. Actually, I applied it with a lawyer. Is it helpful to shorten the approval date?

No lawyer or adviser has any 'pull' with INZ to get a case to jump the queue. The way that they MIGHT make things work more quickly, once the file reaches a CO's desk, is that the paperwork will be set out in the way that INZ need to understand it at first glance - a person who prepared and sent in their own case MAY have done that, but they may not, in which case the CO may be faced with rather a muddle that takes them several goes to sort out.

I applied in first week of July and still in processing